Win my second book with your best idea…

Reaction score
This is a very unique Premna I worked last weekend. I had some idea in my mind, but I want to see yours…

Post your idea with simple simulation and the best I like will win my second book “Mission of Transformation” (I decide as I am the boss..sorry..haha…:p); but you should also answer this question : “What is the title of my first book and where can you order it ?” (sound like marketing..?:D)

Deadline ?... 31st July 2011….

Just for fun, why not ?

1.JPG

2.JPG

Reaction score
first let me say this: i have never worked with any crazy-looking material even remotely like this.

for some reason i like to see it tall and sparse with a weird lower branch and no dead wood. also i prefer that angle its already at.

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    105.3 KB · Views: 61

Jessf

Mame
Reaction score
the book was "Visions of my Soul" and it can be found http://www.stonelantern.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=Visions+of+my+soul

2.jpg

I'd like to jin the upper half and perhaps grow the middle twig out so it could be loosely wrapped around the trunk like a tree snake.

PaulH

Omono
Reaction score
How's this? (I'm better with real trees than I am with photo software.)

image_preview.php
[/url][/IMG]

Oh, I found 'Vision of My Soul" at Stone Lantern and also at Amazon. com

Paul

Last edited:

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Is Will Heath handling the shipping of the winning book?

Reaction score
Jessf, all the ways are alive.

Stacy, no bending, but for Premna, you can easily graft new branches wherever you like and as they grow very fast, you can easily create new lines....

Smoke, no joke..I will handle the shipment myself...:D ... I will certainly post an updated status of that issue separately...:p

Last edited:

sam

Chumono
Reaction score
and the winner is !!!!!

dorothy.

best wishes, sam

Attila Soos

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Well, then this one too ;)..:

Wow, great virtuals, Dorothy!

...and #2 should be the winner.
The foliage pads partially covering the trunk creates a great visual effect. The trunk by itself is too stark, the overlapping foliage softens the image.
I was torn between #2 and #3, but while #3 adds an interesting complexity, the simplicity and stronger directional movement of #2 is a better fit.

Last edited:
Top Bottom