Windswept Boxwood

Reaction score
USDA Zone
I repotted my windswept boxwood about a month ago into an oval, slightly more spacious pot. Seems to be doing fine. I kept the wire on that I did last Feb. and will probably remove next spring. I also thinned out the interior a little.DSCN6959.jpg

AZ Newb

Seedling
Reaction score
What a cool looking tree! As a beginner, I’m just curious about your comment regarding leaving the wire on for that length of time. Won’t it cut into the tree if on for that long?

Reaction score
USDA Zone
What a cool looking tree! As a beginner, I’m just curious about your comment regarding leaving the wire on for that length of time. Won’t it cut into the tree if on for that long?
Boxwoods are slow growers from what I know, so for my tree it should be fine, but I will keep an eye on it for sure.

penumbra

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Just a suggestion. For a windswept tree it is a bit congested at the top. Personally I would remove more. Windswept trees in nature usually have less branching and or not so lush looking. I think it should look like it has struggled more against the wind.

Gdy2000

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Why did the tree grow straight, then begin to become swept by the wind? (The nebari is actually going against the wind)

If you're going to use rocks in your composition, I would suggest using them to tell your story. In this case, the rock could be on the opposite side, showing how the tree grew (and grows) straight when behind the rock, but once above the rock, the wind blows.

Windswept is super hard to pull off, good luck.

Bolero

Omono
Reaction score
Why did the tree grow straight, then begin to become swept by the wind? (The nebari is actually going against the wind)

If you're going to use rocks in your composition, I would suggest using them to tell your story. In this case, the rock could be on the opposite side, showing how the tree grew (and grows) straight when behind the rock, but once above the rock, the wind blows.

Windswept is super hard to pull off, good luck.
Some more good points....I'm going to play around with rock placement....Thank you

Bolero

Omono
Reaction score
Penumbra... I thinned out the Foilage as you suggested ...could still do more but waiting awhile to see how I like it...Yes its an improvement, thanks...