Winged Elm or Cedar Elm?

I like your little helper
lol. he's a little terrorist. him and his buddy have been good since i hit them with the 'jet' setting last week. caught him up in my dawn redwood sharpening his claws on a sacrifice branch and blasted him out of the tree. his buddy was clawing my substrate like it was a good replacement for cat litter when i sprayed him.

i was wondering if there was a chance these two leaders would root as cuttings? not much room between them to airlayer. ive seen a lot of posts detailing what works for zelkova cuttings, but not anything on winged elm.

10/1/18
IMG_20180926_083100.jpg
photostudio_1540397133839.jpg
photostudio_1540396961586.jpg

Did this tree flower/seed in the spring?
no. i collected it and put it in the ground for a year. this spring i put it in a pot so all shoots are two years old now. next spring theyll be 3yrs old.

Last edited:
USDA Zone
10a
no. i collected it and put it in the ground for a year. this spring i put it in a pot so all shoots are two years old now. next spring theyll be 3yrs old.
My reason for asking is because I’m still trying to ID an elm. The Winged elm should be spring flowering and the Cedar elm should be late summer/fall flowering, correct?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
sorce Elms 3
bleumeon Elms 8
bleumeon Elms 28
Bonsai Nut Wanted to buy 5
M Elms 19