Winged elm question

Tbrshou

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a/
So went looking for possible bonsai subjects today and came across this little guy. Well not really little measures about 3ft tall and 4 inches at the base. It is a winged elm, the question I have is I've recently read about a weeping winged elm and I'm wondering if the weeping verity is found in nature, if so then is the 1?

Attachments

• Resized952019102895182930.jpg
    Resized952019102895182930.jpg
    237.8 KB · Views: 59

TN_Jim

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Only if genetic mutation or some random seed on the wing, not likely. Does not look a weeping variety.

I’d collect or consider it. Your single photo is kinda like looking at a bale of hay and trying to see if it’s weeping.

Tbrshou

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a/
Only if genetic mutation or some random seed on the wing, not likely. Does not look a weeping variety.

I’d collect or consider it. Your single photo is kinda like looking at a bale of hay and trying to see if it’s weeping.
Thanks Jim sry about the pic I found the tree on my way out the woods kinda drifted over on someone property line unknowingly. If weeping is not common then it's probably not I was just wondering because a lot of the branches seems to lay low off the tree. I've already gotten permission to collect this 1 so it's tagged for spring.

Top Bottom