Winter Bonsai Silhouette Expo

johng

Omono
Reaction score
This past weekend Dr. Steven Zeisel hosted the Winter Silhouette show in Kannapolis, Nc. Once again this year, Bill Valavanis was the featured artist. Owen R.also provided a demo on Sunday afternoon. I put together this video to share a few of the highlights
[video=youtube_share;LLCePEw612Y]http://youtu.be/LLCePEw612Y[/video]

watchndsky

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
im in w-s and pretty starved for bonsai related activities - is this a recurring event? are there others?

Cmdrew6115

Seedling
Reaction score
Great Show

My wife and I had a great time at the show and saw some incredible trees. Thank you Steve, Bill, Owen, and everyone else who had a hand in this! Thanks for the video as well John!

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Thanks John for such a great video as always! Fantastic display of some gorgeous trees. Congrats to all that participated! What a show!!

Love the slab at the 1:00 minute mark. Who makes it?

johng

Omono
Reaction score
im in w-s and pretty starved for bonsai related activities - is this a recurring event? are there others?

this show will be back again next year for its third iteration.

jk_lewis

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
Thanks, John. Great video and marvelous show. I'd planned on going with this tree, but was not able to make it. Wish I could have been there.

Attachments

• 11-14 windswept 3.jpg
    11-14 windswept 3.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 36

johng

Omono
Reaction score
Thanks, John. Great video and marvelous show. I'd planned on going with this tree, but was not able to make it. Wish I could have been there.

We missed you Jim!!! I truly hope things turn around for you!!
John

Littlejoe919

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b?
Was my first Bonsai show. Quite impressive. My biggest surprise, my wife liked it.

Eric Group

Masterpiece
Reaction score

What a great tree! One of the better windswept trees I have seen. Such a hard style to pull off convincingly, but you really killed it with this one!

Giga

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
Thats the one thing that I need to do is go to a show. My area is pretty dead for bonsai material,stores or anything in general. That wouldn't be to bad to drive to one around there.

jk_lewis

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
Vin, John, Eric, thanks for the kind words. Those of you who can need to go to this show next year.

Martin Sweeney

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Thats the one thing that I need to do is go to a show. My area is pretty dead for bonsai material,stores or anything in general. That wouldn't be to bad to drive to one around there.

Giga,

The Carolinas Bonsai Expo in October (generally the 2nd weekend) in Asheville would be a better choice for bonsai shopping as there are more vendors with more stuff. The Silhouette Expo has better over all tree quality, although many fewer and there is less to do, especially in the immediate area. Each are excellent and you would enjoy either.

There is a Potomac Show every year I think too...

Regards,
Martin

Top Bottom