Winter in the South

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Well, once again I am hauling my tropical trees into the garage this afternoon. It will be down to 26 degree F this weekend. After this weekend, winter will be pretty much over I think. I am planning to start my spring activities in February.

crab apple

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Looks like we're in for another week of it here in N/W FL. The whole 10 day forecast has temps almost freezing, no telling when it will end.

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Well, once again I am hauling my tropical trees into the garage this afternoon. It will be down to 26 degree F this weekend. After this weekend, winter will be pretty much over I think. I am planning to start my spring activities in February.
That's a dangerous assumption these days...Likely won't happen again, but Only last Feb. a lot of Texas and north La, was facing down sub-0 F lows.

Just jealous because we're in for more snow and lows near single digits next week 😁

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
That's a dangerous assumption these days...Likely won't happen again, but Only last Feb. a lot of Texas and north La, was facing down sub-0 F lows.

Just jealous because we're in for more snow and lows near single digits next week 😁
I just got home from Philadelphia, it was frickin' cold up there.
I deboned some chicken and seasoned them for dinner, had no room in the refrigerator so I put a plastic film over them and put them outside to keep them cool. Needless to say, they froze and my dinner for my daughter was late!

Huggz13

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Yep, I thought it was over here in Pensacola too.
But it was frigid yesterday and we are in for some nighttime temps in the low 30’s and 20’s this week.
But THAT will be the last of it I’m sure (I think... maybe).

We can’t complain too much though, most people would kill for our winters that are more like spring in other places.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yep, I thought it was over here in Pensacola too.
But it was frigid yesterday and we are in for some nighttime temps in the low 30’s and 20’s this week.
But THAT will be the last of it I’m sure (I think... maybe).

We can’t complain too much though, most people would kill for our winters that are more like spring in other places.
Say what? That sounds freezing to me 😉
620D5EBE-3288-42A8-8D51-4B450C8350AA.png

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
It was right on 0F at my house this morning and it is about 26F now.

Huggz13

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Say what? That sounds freezing to me 😉
View attachment 417080
Yeah it is freezing. But it’s only at night and it’s only a few nights per year - just happens to be this week.

We have been mid-60s and low 70s for the last several weeks with nighttime temps in the 50s.

This should be our last little cold snap for a few days and then everything will start growing.

Top Bottom