Winter is coming

Fonz

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Do you put all your deciduous trees in the greenhouse instead of letting them spend the winter outside?

Reaction score
Dimensions 9m (29 feet) * 4,2 m (14 feet). I would like to build benches in the poly tunnel. The last few years where a bit time consuming and having no problems with wintering before i delayed the work a bit. The top shelves outside are loose, so i only have to build the bases. One day of work i think. I do use the greenhouse in summer for a pool for the kids. So first i will have to look how much space i leave for that.

Reaction score
Do you put all your deciduous trees in the greenhouse instead of letting them spend the winter outside?
I try to do fall pruning when leaves drop. It is also the time i wire trees. After that i place them in the greenhouse so they don't stay too wet. In my opinion leaving them in a soaked soil medium for a few months followed by frost is not beneficial. I used to tuck them away in a dark shed, it had less fluctuations of temp and was better in my opinion, but it took more time. The left row is ready until spring, the two other rows still need work. Not ready yet...

defra

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I try to do fall pruning when leaves drop. It is also the time i wire trees. After that i place them in the greenhouse so they don't stay too wet. In my opinion leaving them in a soaked soil medium for a few months followed by frost is not beneficial. I used to tuck them away in a dark shed, it had less fluctuations of temp and was better in my opinion, but it took more time. The left row is ready until spring, the two other rows still need work. Not ready yet...
Looking good dirk!
I dont have the space for ssomething like this sadly
How does it work on a sunny winterday? I mean doesnt the heat build up to much in there?

Reaction score
Looking good dirk!
I dont have the space for ssomething like this sadly
How does it work on a sunny winterday? I mean doesnt the heat build up to much in there?
Yes it does warm up fast. If I don't forget I open both doors in the morning if there is no frost.

Top Bottom