Winter restraint pays off

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
It's no news, that I hate everything about winter. The boredom usually drives me to make some questionable/crappy purchases from a big box store as a diversion. I resisted those urges this year. My only purchase was an ebay bougainvillea from Wigert's, that I knew I couldn't get for a couple of months. Now that it's deemed warm enough to ship here.... this arrived yesterday. new BRT.jpg

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
More to come, UPS delivery expected today............

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
A few other things found their way into the box. A dwarf Barbados cherry, regular Barbados Cherry and a teeny BRT forest, which is sleeping at the moment. wigerts cherry.jpgwigerts dwarf.jpg

Anthony

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Dear Heart,

you can visit Trinidad for almost six months, on the visa and purchase
up to 1/2 an acre.
See you on the beach in Mayaro.
Stay Warm.
Anthony

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Dear Heart,

you can visit Trinidad for almost six months, on the visa and purchase
up to 1/2 an acre.
See you on the beach in Mayaro.
Stay Warm.
Anthony
Sounds wonderful. We went to the Bahamas last summer, and I have no doubt I could live there forever. Those pesky things like a job and family seem to override my love of the beach.

WNC Bonsai

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Not wanting to be left out, yesterday I finally pulled the trigger on my Amazon purchase of the same Brussels BRT as @Carol 83 . This purchase actually goes back a month or so. When we first saw these on Amazon about a month ago we both tried to order one only to be told by Amazon they couldn’t ship to our zip code. Apparently this was due to winter freezing temps at the time. So a few days ago she messaged me that her purchase finally went through so I looked it up. The price had jumped to about $89 fro $70 overnight so I said heck with that. Then I deleted it from my wish list and logged off. A few minutes later I logged on again and the price had dropped to $59. You really have to watch them if you are following something and trying to make up your mind, they will change the price if they think you are really interested.

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
….from small beginnings......:cool:

Yes, very small. Work your over-wintering area right and could grow near year round.
BRT will grow trunk girth thru just about any method of pruning you desire to use.

…..I will say "pinching" is a long, long, long ways out.....:D:D:D:D:oops::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
….from small beginnings......:cool:

Yes, very small. Work your over-wintering area right and could grow near year round.
BRT will grow trunk girth thru just about any method of pruning you desire to use.

…..I will say "pinching" is a long, long, long ways out.....:D:D:D:D:oops::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Yeah, she told me the grouping was "nice". I suppose "nice" is a relative term. Actually, they overwinter very well, where I keep them. Drop a few leaves when first brought in, but bounce right back and pretty much grow all winter.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
My BRT and Texas ebonies had a hard time of it this winter. It was unusually cold here... and I wasn't smart enough to place the small ones in my cold frame during the cold spell :(

Top Bottom