Winter Silhouette Bonsai Exhibition, Please Come

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
If it is feasible for you please come to the Winter Silhouette Bonsai Exhibition in Kannapolis, NC, Dec 3-4, 2022. That is Next weekend. This will be the first bonsai show I have attended, much less as a vendor. I am terribly excited to meet some members in person and I have been working hard and late to make several of my Stone Age bonsai pots. If that is not enough of a reason to attend, our friend Pitoon will be set up next to me.
For those who have followed my personal posts, this show has been tenuous for me do to the health of my aging mother. Though I miss her terribly, mom left this world a couple weeks ago. She was really happy that I was doing an event as I had done no events in the past 3 years as first my father and then my mother passed away. In some way it seems like she was setting me free to do this show and get my life back on track.
Getting a bit misty now. Thanks for sharing.

jandslegate

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I am sorry to hear that about your parents but glad to hear you are getting the opportunity to participate again. Do you know if it will be an annual recurring event? We wouldn't be able to go this year but I'd like to become more active in the actual real world bonsai community and not just in the YouTube/ my backyard bubble. Also, my wife enjoys road trips so it might not be too difficult to swing with a years planning, heh.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I am sorry to hear that about your parents but glad to hear you are getting the opportunity to participate again. Do you know if it will be an annual recurring event? We wouldn't be able to go this year but I'd like to become more active in the actual real world bonsai community and not just in the YouTube/ my backyard bubble. Also, my wife enjoys road trips so it might not be too difficult to swing with a years planning, heh.
Thank you for your thoughtfulness.
This is my first bonsai show and yes, it is an annual event.
It is also one of the most beautiful wilderness areas in the country. If I wasn't a Virginian, I would see if NC or PA would have me.

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
My condolences on your recent losses. I'm sure your mom will be smiling down on you when you pull into the parking lot on campus to start setting up. I'm also sure that you'll absolutely love this show... one of the best on the east coast imo. Wish I could make it but the move to MI has pulled me far away. I'll get back there eventually but not this year. Have a great time while you're there and say Hi to @Adair M who will be exhibiting.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
My condolences on your recent losses. I'm sure your mom will be smiling down on you when you pull into the parking lot on campus to start setting up. I'm also sure that you'll absolutely love this show... one of the best on the east coast imo. Wish I could make it but the move to MI has pulled me far away. I'll get back there eventually but not this year. Have a great time while you're there and say Hi to @Adair M who will be exhibiting.
Thank you Dave. I would certainly be intensely perusing the trees.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
So sorry to hear about your mom Rob. I'm sure she was and will be very proud of you to be vending your lovely wares at a show. With you and @Pitoon next to each other, I'm sure the people will be lined up to buy your pots. Man, I wish I could go but a trip like that's just not in the cards. Wishing you both the best of luck. And of course my condolences for your loss.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
So sorry to hear about your mom Rob. I'm sure she was and will be very proud of you to be vending your lovely wares at a show. With you and @Pitoon next to each other, I'm sure the people will be lined up to buy your pots. Man, I wish I could go but a trip like that's just not in the cards. Wishing you both the best of luck. And of course my condolences for your loss.
Thank you Carol, in every possible way.

19Mateo83

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Sorry to hear about your parents, I have a buddy in the same situation…. It’s hard…. But… they will be with you at show, smiling, watching you shine and they will be with everyone who gets the pleasure to meet you and those who get the privilege to own and enjoy one of your sweet sweet pieces of ceramic. I look forward to meeting you and pitoon and whoever else happens to be there. Hopefully I can figure out a way to afford one of your pieces. The holidays always hit my $ flow hard. Now if I could just talk @pitooon out of one of his mume I would be set for the winter 😁

Last edited:

bwaynef

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I've had this one on the calendar for a while ...and it looks like I'm going to be able to make it. I'm trying to convince myself to go and just enjoy the show. I haven't decided if I'll take any cash ...in case of emergencies.

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I've had this one on the calendar for a while ...and it looks like I'm going to be able to make it. I'm trying to convince myself to go and just enjoy the show. I haven't decided if I'll take any cash ...in case of emergencies.
Bring cash, this show has a lot of top end stuff. The show is worth it just for the vendors.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
As a NC resident, I was hoping to meet you. See you this weekend.:)
Sorry to hear about your parents, I have a buddy in the same situation…. It’s hard…. But… they will be with you at show, smiling, watching you shine and they will be with everyone who gets the pleasure to meet you and those who get the privilege to own and enjoy one of your sweet sweet pieces of ceramic. I look forward to meeting you and pitoon and whoever else happens to be there. Hopefully I can figure out a way to afford one of your pieces. The holidays always hit my $ flow hard. Now if I could just talk @pitooon out of one of his mume I would be set for the winter 😁

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Is there anything you have seen of mine on or have heard me talking about that you may want or are looking for? You know me, I don’t mind sharing.😉
I appreciate that but I don't have enough brain cells left over after making pots to remember much else. I have always had too many interests and a couple years back I pulled back to pots and plants ( and maybe an occasional pot plant );) and now I am finding it hard to keep up with both. I am cutting way back on plant production to have time for pot production ....... and breathing, eating an sleeping.
My deepest condolences sir, best of luck selling the show.
Thank you so much.

Lurkinn

Seed
Reaction score
Pots are packed and ready to roll. I have a larger inventory now than I have ever had in ceramics, and they're all bonsai and companion pots. Ever experimenting, I have some new textures, colors etc.
I will be there and I'm looking forward to perusing your offerings. Thanks for attending!

Top Bottom