Winter Silhouette Bonsai Show, Dec 4-5, 2021

SouthernMaple

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
@Bonsai Nut we should all wear BNut name tags so we can know who is who? I've been talking to a lot of members here for years, but have no clue on matching a BNut member by face.
i am pretty recognizable as I always wear a hawaiian shirt and a detroit tigers hat, may or may not be sporting a stache

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I think that’s the same location as “the Saturday night dinner” was last time. The restaurant closed right afterwards. There was major street renovations going on, and the area was blocked off. I can’t remember if that’s the same name, or if has changed.

I don’t know if Steve is going to use it, or if he’s going to have the dinner catered in. He also usually brings in a food truck.

Er…. You’re the “new guy” at these East Coast functions. Learn to roll with the flow…. LOL!!!

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
And there’s also a place for Southern Comfort food. Sorry, I can’t remember the name, but it’s fantastic.

SouthernMaple

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I think that’s the same location as “the Saturday night dinner” was last time. The restaurant closed right afterwards. There was major street renovations going on, and the area was blocked off. I can’t remember if that’s the same name, or if has changed.

I don’t know if Steve is going to use it, or if he’s going to have the dinner catered in. He also usually brings in a food truck.

Er…. You’re the “new guy” at these East Coast functions. Learn to roll with the flow…. LOL!!!
the food truck last time was really bad, I hope if he goes that route again he gets a different truck. Hopefully a soul food truck, its been so long since I have had fried chicken mac and cheese and collards.

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
the food truck last time was really bad, I hope if he goes that route again he gets a different truck. Hopefully a soul food truck, its been so long since I have had fried chicken mac and cheese and collards.
Then try the place down the road. It’s about 1/2 mile back towards the Interstate. It’s called “Lilly’s” or something like that.

El Duderino

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I am really excited to meet you nut jobs at the show. Really pumped the show is in North Carolina and basically right down the road. I think @JoeR will likely join me. Can’t wait to put faces with usernames and nerd out on trees with all y’all. See you there!

Jcmmaple

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Yeah we definitely need some cool shirts made that way we or some of us would know who’s in the forum. Who’s willing to jump on that task?

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Yeah we definitely need some cool shirts made that way we or some of us would know who’s in the forum. Who’s willing to jump on that task?
Lol, shirts have been discussed for a long time. Just never quite happened.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
It had been my intention to exhibit my pots there but the vendor tables are full aside from the fact that family has kept me busy.
Seriously will try to make the show though.

El Duderino

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I tried several venders, and never came up with a decent solution. I'll have to get back on it - for our 15th Anniversary!!
I’m happy to help with the t-shirt project. What is needed? The graphic design piece, or just coordinating orders and getting someone to make them? I’ve done large t-shirt runs for a number of events and can help with graphic design. Maybe I’ll start a thread to get going on this. Don’t want to hijack the thunder but would love to help make this a reality.

TinyArt

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I’m happy to help with the t-shirt project. What is needed? The graphic design piece, or just coordinating orders and getting someone to make them? I’ve done large t-shirt runs for a number of events and can help with graphic design. Maybe I’ll start a thread to get going on this. Don’t want to hijack the thunder but would love to help make this a reality.
👍👍👍
Here's the old thread -- various ideas & designs included through it, FWIW
😀😀😀

Top Bottom