Winter Silhouette Bonsai Show, Dec 4-5, 2021

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Yes, it was nice meeting and chatting with the BNut members I met there. I too thought there would be more trees. It it was still a nice experience. Next time I go down I will be a vendor though.

Jcmmaple

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
@SouthernMaple yeah I bought a Wallace pot a couple of moths ago and I was not disappointed, will be buying more from him. I notice on the blue ridge site he was there, I hate I missed that or I would have bought from him much sooner.

SouthernMaple

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
@SouthernMaple yeah I bought a Wallace pot a couple of moths ago and I was not disappointed, will be buying more from him. I notice on the blue ridge site he was there, I hate I missed that or I would have bought from him much sooner.
ill message you when he has more available, he invites me over and we have a few beers and he shows me whats new before it goes on etsy, he said he should have a few waves of pots before and after christmas

thecarlos808

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Two newest additions picked up at the show along with a trident maple excited to continue the life for these guys and definetly a blast meeting people there View attachment 411601

Last edited:
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Well this was my first time going and to be honest I was expecting it to be more, but o had fun and there were some nice trees there. I did get to meet @Pitoon though, nice guy and i was glad to met you. I just missed @Adair M but maybe next time. However I did pick up some pots, akadama some biogold. My favorite part was meeting Dean Bulluck and getting a sweet pot from him, we have been talking for a while and I couldn’t wait to get one. I really wanted to meet @Waldo Street Pottery but you were busy so I didn’t want to interrupt, by the way I hope your ok looked like a bad injury. I also got a Sonny Boggs pot, which immediately got stolen by my wife when I got home and a nice Bob Pruski pot. View attachment 411559View attachment 411560View attachment 411563View attachment 411561View attachment 411562View attachment 411562The one from Dean is the yellowish, the small one is Sonny and the other is Bob Pruski
I'm sorry I missed the chance to meet you! Hopeful for next time... I'm taking it very easy, trying not to stress the injury. So thankful for fast acting, good friends nearby. It was pretty scary for a minute, but I'll live and hopefully be back to making pots in next-to-no time.

AcerAddict

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
last winter silhouette show (2019) had much better trees, I personally felt the three vendors at Knoxville this year had better trees
I'm honestly not shocked to hear this, considering how the COVID nonsense has messed up everything in the last couple years. I'm already looking forward to next year's show with the hope that more vendors will have more material. My wife and I have some good friends who live just 15 minutes north of Kannapolis, so I've always got a bed to sleep in when the show comes around.

Judging from what I overheard people talking about, the vendor who seemed to have the best prices was Randy Sharp and his wife. She was super nice to talk to and I feel awful that I forgot her name (I'm terrible with names!) They were the ones who had the tree growing right out of the bag of soil. Granted, they are moving from NC to Florida and were looking to offload the majority of their material, so the prices were probably lower than normal. However, they had such a good variety of stuff that one of the Bonsai Learning Center guys came over and bought like three or four trees from them on Saturday morning. Some other guy bought three trees from them as well. Their prices were really good. I bought my Seiju Elm from them, and I was REAL close to buying that FAT Trident maple they had in the big tray on the ground.

lunchbox27

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
I'm honestly not shocked to hear this, considering how the COVID nonsense has messed up everything in the last couple years. I'm already looking forward to next year's show with the hope that more vendors will have more material. My wife and I have some good friends who live just 15 minutes north of Kannapolis, so I've always got a bed to sleep in when the show comes around.

Judging from what I overheard people talking about, the vendor who seemed to have the best prices was Randy Sharp and his wife. She was super nice to talk to and I feel awful that I forgot her name (I'm terrible with names!) They were the ones who had the tree growing right out of the bag of soil. Granted, they are moving from NC to Florida and were looking to offload the majority of their material, so the prices were probably lower than normal. However, they had such a good variety of stuff that one of the Bonsai Learning Center guys came over and bought like three or four trees from them on Saturday morning. Some other guy bought three trees from them as well. Their prices were really good. I bought my Seiju Elm from them, and I was REAL close to buying that FAT Trident maple they had in the big tray on the ground.
They were really nice to talk to Did you buy the seiju elm in the unglazed rectangle pot? I was there the night before during set up and looked at the tree for quite a while and said “if it’s there tomorrow evening I’ll buy it.” Then it was gone…. If so, great tree, great price… score

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Judging from what I overheard people talking about, the vendor who seemed to have the best prices was Randy Sharp and his wife. She was super nice to talk to and I feel awful that I forgot her name (I'm terrible with names!)
Randi Heise. She is a member here @RandiH.

AcerAddict

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Randi Heise. She is a member here @RandiH.
Ah, there you go. Thank you @Bonsai Nut!

They were really nice to talk to Did you buy the seiju elm in the unglazed rectangle pot? I was there the night before during set up and looked at the tree for quite a while and said “if it’s there tomorrow evening I’ll buy it.” Then it was gone…. If so, great tree, great price… score
The one I got from them is in an unglazed round pot. Is this it?

Attachments

• 20210814_194355.jpg
    20210814_194355.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 45

lunchbox27

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Ah, there you go. Thank you @Bonsai Nut!

The one I got from them is in an unglazed round pot. Is this it?
Not the same one. I don’t remember seeing that one. they had one in a rectangle unglazed that was maybe 9-10” tall. Had kind of a lot of movement in the trunk for still being up right. Your is sweet too tho

hemmy

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
4533B5A5-701B-4D3A-9A05-2664B177F7DF.jpeg
So what species tree is this? Bill V. teased it in his blog. Some type of pachycaul? Bursera?

SouthernMaple

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Sorry for the late response to getting photos out but I will release them in the coming days
SMR_6426 (2).jpg

Top Bottom