Winter Silhouette Bonsai Show, Kannapolis, NC - Dec 7-8, 2019

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
This is the 7th year for this nationally recognized show. It is held in what is likely the most elegant location for a bonsai show - a 4 story marble lined atrium. Many say this is their favorite show of the year, where trees are exhibited in their winter best form. Exhibitors and vendors come from all over the country. Demos by world-class bonsai artists William Valavanis, Owen Reich, Tyler Sherrod and Rodney Clemons. Bonsai auction Saturday evening. Banquet dinner by reservation Saturday evening.

Click HERE for more information!

North Carolina Research Campus, 150 N Research Campus Drive, Kannapolis, NC 28081. The campus is located 3 miles off I-85 at Exit 60. Turn NW toward Kannapolis, drive 3.2 miles, turn right on South Main St., drive 1 mile to campus on left.

Nearest Airport - Charlotte Douglas International (CLT) 30-40 min drive.

Attachments

• Winter Silhouette Facebook 2019.pdf
    3.6 MB · Views: 25
Last edited:

flor1

Shohin
Reaction score
Looking at going to this show wondering about lodging and food close by.

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Looking at going to this show wondering about lodging and food close by.
There’s several hotels in the area. A Comfort Inn and a Holiday Inn Express, a Microtel and who all knows what are nearby.

There are restaurants, they bring in a food truck to the venue.

What exactly are you wondering?

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Always looking forward to this show! I return as a vendor after a 2 year (or is it 1?) absence (from vending...). Looking forward to meeting you @Soldano666.
You showed an elm potted at an extreme slant there one year. I can’t remember if it was last year, or the year before.

SouthernMaple

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
What time will the vendors be open? I plan on getting there friday afternoon and helping with setting up if anyone needs an extra set of hands.

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
What time will the vendors be open? I plan on getting there friday afternoon and helping with setting up if anyone needs an extra set of hands.
Everyone is allowed in at 5 pm on Friday. Vendors and Exhibitors alike. Setup is from 5 to 7.

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing you guys at the show. Most likely will arrive late Friday so will see you all Saturday am. I am also looking forward to just sitting back and enjoy the show!

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Looking forward to seeing you guys at the show. Most likely will arrive late Friday so will see you all Saturday am. I am also looking forward to just sitting back and enjoy the show!

It will be great to see you, Sergio!!!

<Aside> if we check out what Sergio is wearing, us mere mortals can find out what’s in style! Hint: Sergio doesn’t shop at Walmart!

Neither do I! No, I’m far more upscale! I do all my shopping at Costco!!!

Don’t believe me? Just come to Kannapolis, and I’ll make a believer out of you! Lol!!! <aside over>

It’s a really good show. Not huge, but the trees are good, and displayed well. The deciduous trees will have dropped their leaves so their structure is visible. Even pines look their best!

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
It will be great to see you, Sergio!!!

<Aside> if we check out what Sergio is wearing, us mere mortals can find out what’s in style! Hint: Sergio doesn’t shop at Walmart!

Neither do I! No, I’m far more upscale! I do all my shopping at Costco!!!

Don’t believe me? Just come to Kannapolis, and I’ll make a believer out of you! Lol!!! <aside over>

It’s a really good show. Not huge, but the trees are good, and displayed well. The deciduous trees will have dropped their leaves so their structure is visible. Even pines look their best!

Uh huh..... right Mr Tesla! 😂

This is by far one if not the best show in the US specially for us deciduous folk. Even more so than the Nationals! This is where deciduous can truly shine. Just wish if we could move it up just a tad in the calendar so that one could show the trees in color or bare. Maybe early November so that it doesn't coincide with Taikan-ten? Just me wishing....😌

Top Bottom