Winter Silhouettes 2020

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
The start of my favorite deciduous tree viewing is here. I love a well done naked tree. Some of mine are getting better for winter viewing, it just takes a lot of time...All of these have work to be done this winter, I do a lot of my cleaning up and wiring in winter. More to come as they loose their coats...
IMG_2987 (1).jpgIMG_2984.jpgIMG_2996.jpgIMG_2999.jpgIMG_3001.jpgIMG_3002.jpgIMG_3004.jpgIMG_3005.jpgIMG_3007.jpgIMG_3008.jpg

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Insane Twin-trunk you have there!

Is this an invitation to all to share?

Clicio

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11a
The start of my favorite deciduous tree viewing is here. I love a well done naked tree.

WOW!
What a nice collection of beautiful trees!
Really good, I guess I will need some cold winters to have bare trees as nice as yours someday, congrats!

vp999

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
You have some amazing trees Judy, I am in awe every time you decide to share pics of them.

vp999

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Also, how long have you been in the hobby if I may ask?

JoeR

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
The beauty berry is awesome, is it the Japanese or American species? Great thread 🙂

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Nice! What color are the blooms? And I think you could pick out a nice pot for it, I think it's ready!
I have only had it for 2 growing seasons. Initially I had it in a nicer pot. But it was too weak to really do anything, so I moved it into a trainer to get some strength, with this year the first year of some decent growth.
I have contemplated potting it in a nice pot for the flowers, and back into a trainer for the next growing season. The live back sections are still slowly dying back so it needs a boost!

Double pink flowers, see the linked thread in the previous post.

jimib

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Love that twin trunk...isn’t it a variety of
sweetgum? It’s bigger than it looks in that picture...they’re all looking good as usual Judy

cmeg1

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Love this!
Trident on rock is so nice too.
I actually can enjoy winter to the fullest as I have changed professions.....to a much more less responsibility one.....My winters were so so so busy at my previous employer.
My first ‘ordinary’ winter season for many years...
So fun

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Love that twin trunk...isn’t it a variety of
sweetgum? It’s bigger than it looks in that picture...they’re all looking good as usual Judy
Thanks Jimmy, its a Hackberry. I've tried sweetgum, but they always get the black fungus on the leaves here for some reason.

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Love this!
Trident on rock is so nice too.
I actually can enjoy winter to the fullest as I have changed professions.....to a much more less responsibility one.....My winters were so so so busy at my previous employer.
My first ‘ordinary’ winter season for many years...
So fun
Good for you! We are basically retired now, the Covid shutdown made the timing decision for us, so we are enjoying having seasons here that we never had time to enjoy before.

Top Bottom