Winter work on few trees

maroun.c

Omono
Reaction score
Have a few trees was supposed to work on last fall, yet life was too busy and I couldn't do any work on them. Can you please advise if I can still do the work planned on them now that we have Christnas- New Years Vacation. It is winter already and temp has started drpping but I'm based in Beirut Lebanon and its not a freezing winter. Temperature is down to around 15 degrees Celsius at daytime and down to 10 degrees Celsius at time and will drop few degrees more coming two months yet very rarely to close to freezing temperatures.
Trees I have to work on still and planned work
-Maple and liquid Amber: setting up structure, few heavy bends and some branch pruning-
- juniper secondary branching work with few branch pruning
-Olives branch pruning and secondary wiring
- pine improving set structure, removing few branches and refinement pruning
- podocarpus branch pruning and tertiary branch refinement. Might end up having to rewire and bend few secondary branches but nothing crazy.
-boxwood initial structure. Tree was repotted out of nursery soil in spring. When is best time for boxwood styling work ?

Thanks for any input.

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
You can work on al these perfectly fine right now in your climate.
(I am working on all but the podocarpus and boxwood here too, and do so every winter. I just need to watch out for -5 to -10c adventures when I do).

Shibui

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9?
As above. No problem pruning or bending any time through milder climate winters. Down here I prune and do basic shaping whenever I have the time and a tree that needs it.

Top Bottom