wintering procumbens juniper...

HAMMER-SCHLAGEN

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4a
I'm new to bonsai and have a procumbens juniper I got as a Xmas gift. I've had it inside since then but wanted to know if it would die from sudden temp change if I put it outside or in the garage for winter. My garage stays above 28f. Looks like the plant is good to zone 4?

nite_owl_studios

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
After the winter passes I would definitely put it outside. It will thrive there....inside it will eventually die. It needs the seasons, light and air. If you winter it over in a garage it will still need SOME light even in its dormancy. Have fun and good luck!

elena999

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I'm new to bonsai and have a procumbens juniper I got as a Xmas gift. I've had it inside since then but wanted to know if it would die from sudden temp change if I put it outside or in the garage for winter. My garage stays above 28f. Looks like the plant is good to zone 4?

I am very new to Bonsai. I can tell you my juniper is on my sun porch for the winter..We have had MANY - degree days and been the coldest winter I can remember. So far i watered it once and have the pot wrapped in a towel. Its against a heated wall but the porch has no heat. It doing great..looks perfect so far. its my first time wintering anything..Im in New York...Brrrrrrrrrr.
I cant say for sure but it maybe to cold suddenly. Someone else maybe able to respond to that

Top Bottom