Winters images

Chopsie

Shohin
Reaction score
Hi all

After seeing all the Autumnal images and beautiful colours how about a winters image thread?
Sadly my DSLR has gone to Nikon for a shutter issue so I cannot upload any images until I get it back
But I’d certainly love to see some pictures

miker

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Maple in the rain. Non-stop for 5 days. Getting loopy here. :eek:View attachment 168821

Wow, fall color in Hawaii, nice. Which JM cultivar? I love the look of the trunk/bark in the rainforest climate with the splotches of lichen.

I recall seeing a photo of a sweetgum (liquidambar) colored up in the mountains of Maui.

Shima

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11A
Wow, fall color in Hawaii, nice. Which JM cultivar? I love the look of the trunk/bark in the rainforest climate with the splotches of lichen.

I recall seeing a photo of a sweetgum (liquidambar) colored up in the mountains of Maui.

This maple was on an abandoned farm in Volcano Village in a tub. The first settlers here were Japanese farmers so the seed probably came over in the folds of a kimono. They are all over but don't do well in pots. Even tridents brought in from Bill Valavanis have a hard time.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Very nice!
Canadice is the smallest of the Finger Lakes. It also has the highest elevation. It's sister lake, Hemlock, behind the hill are water reservoirs for the city of Rochester and are protected as state land. About as pristine as your going to get this close civilization.

Maros

Chumono
Reaction score
Hornbeam with first batch of snow. Quick shot from side.

DSC_6549-001.JPG

namnhi

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
This is all we have for Fall in Houston. Everything still green.
IMG_20171203_110112231.jpg

Top Bottom