Winters just around the corner.

Steve C

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
They calling for lows in the upper 40's here tonight. First time it's been that low all year here in SE Michigan. Not gonna start bringing tropicals in just yet by any means but it won't be too awful long till it will be time for me to do so.

Mike we will be up in your neck of the woods pretty soon. Mark is coming over for coffee tomorrow morning so we can plan our next fishing trip sometime in the next couple weeks.

Steve

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
It was definitely cooler and wetter than normal here this year

miker

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Yeah!! We only had like 25-30 90+ days... total BS!

Being in N Georgia, most of your summer days this year must have been in the 80s then, no? Isn't this still plenty warm to enjoy summer activities without scorching heat?

The summer here ended cooler and wetter than normal. All the flora here looks way better than last year, when I arrived at the end of a very hot and dry summer. Like night and day.

erb.75

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
i already got my lighting set up for my tropicals :) my cotoneaster has changed most of its leaves already! some of my other trees are starting to change colors too

RKatzin

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
It has been an unusually cool summer and we've had a lot of smoke from the forest fires. I'm due east of the Chetco Bar fire, really smoked in this morning. The combination is making everything think it's fall. Those elder berry are about two weeks ahead of normal, my flowers are following suit. Hopefully we'll see some rain soon and put a damper on these fires. We had an ash fall yesterday, everything covered in a fine layer of dust and flakes.

wireme

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
It has been an unusually cool summer and we've had a lot of smoke from the forest fires. I'm due east of the Chetco Bar fire, really smoked in this morning. The combination is making everything think it's fall. Those elder berry are about two weeks ahead of normal, my flowers are following suit. Hopefully we'll see some rain soon and put a damper on these fires. We had an ash fall yesterday, everything covered in a fine layer of dust and flakes.

I hope so, 10 new lightning fire starts in the east kootenays over the last week, forecast stays the same...fortunately almost all fires are still remote and not directly threatening communities here.. Yet. Cooler nights help a little. image.jpg

Wilson

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I hope so, 10 new lightning fire starts in the east kootenays over the last week, forecast stays the same...fortunately almost all fires are still remote and not directly threatening communities here.. Yet. Cooler nights help a little. View attachment 159003
Do you live near Kimberley? My old boss lived there for years. He is a carpenter/General contractor, and since I have known him, hotel owner.

wireme

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Do you live near Kimberley? My old boss lived there for years. He is a carpenter/General contractor, and since I have known him, hotel owner.

Yep, live right in it, might know him. Nice little town, hopefully it's still here next week. Here's one of the big bombers. All commercial flights to airport canceled today, just these guys and cohorts flying now. That is not a cloud behind the building there. image.jpg

RKatzin

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
This is my grand view today, looking west into the intercostal Mts. So smokey I could hardly breathe on the way up here. Had to stop three times for cig break! I am almost to the top of the smoke, there's tinges of blue just above me. I can hear the choppers and planes and equipment to the west, can't be but twenty miles.

Attachments

• IMG_20170902_110732233.jpg
    IMG_20170902_110732233.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 13
Top Bottom