Wire management

Graydon

Chumono
Reaction score
So how do those of you who use wire store it? I have seen the cardboard box approach as well as the gym bag approach and the pile in the bottom of the toolbag approach.

I'm developing a wire caddy thing but fear it may be too extreme, too complicated. Tell me what you like about your method and what you don't like.

Thanks for the input.

rlist

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I go for the pile in the bottom of the toolbag approach. I at least group the aluminum and the copper separately - for whatever that is worth...

I have seen two handy caddies. One on IBC - I'll look for the link, and one locally. The local one is a simple timber frame attached to a plywood base that has large "J" hooks hanging down for the wire. One for aluminum and one for copper, with the sizes marked right on frame. Takes up space, is somewhat difficult to move to workshops, but works great. Might be a pictur from a workshop around somewhere I can dig up...

Here is the first one I talked about. Actually two here - pictures 5 & 10 on the page. Simple, cheap and effective (which is key). http://internetbonsaiclub.org/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=133&topic=20581.0

Here is the other one, which belongs to Lee (on the left). 7th picture down. Simpler, cheaper, and just as effective. http://internetbonsaiclub.org/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=133&topic=17698.0

Last edited:

Tachigi

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I use this wire caddy. You can interchange spools with larger diameter stuff, works great.

You can ( Greg don't slap my hand ) find it on my site.

Rlist, Forget the wire caddies .... nice pictures of trees on that second site

Attachments

• jsw_meco_productwirecaddy.jpg
    jsw_meco_productwirecaddy.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

rlist

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Yeah, we did have some nice trees in that workshop (mine was the one in the heavy clay pot). The beauty of it is though, the trees keep getting nicer as those for the most part were left-overs! Wait 'til you see what we come out with over the next year... :)

Top Bottom