Wish List: What Rare Plant Do Dream Of But Can't Find?

Nybonsai12

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
A 3+ inch trunk Japanese black pine with movement.

Nybonsai12

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I've seen that one. I don't see any movement, pics are hard to tell. I also see what I think are taper issues.

Nybonsai12

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I have gone back and forth with Chris for a few months. He's a good guy, but busy. I've seen maybe 5 trees from him and all have big trunks. while I'm ok with a tree being a project some are way too much for me to take on. I found one I liked from him, but unfortunately I waited and it was gone before I could purchase, that was my mistake. I continue to follow up and request pics of more stock for purchase.

Jarath

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
A extremely large, collected, BALD CYPRESS. Now, if any of you folks happen to be Santa, please, please, I have been a good boy so far this year.

carp

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Just go in the woods...they're not at all rare.

Potawatomi13

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I have gone back and forth with Chris for a few months. He's a good guy, but busy. I've seen maybe 5 trees from him and all have big trunks. while I'm ok with a tree being a project some are way too much for me to take on. I found one I liked from him, but unfortunately I waited and it was gone before I could purchase, that was my mistake. I continue to follow up and request pics of more stock for purchase.

Have been there and he has many trees. Don't give up;).

barrosinc

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
do you need both sexes of the plant to get the fruit?
apparently so...
I will still try to get princess persimmon from seeds this year. Hope there is a way to see if male or female sooner than 10 years.

add in kotohime, sharps, arakawa maples

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
apparently so...
I will still try to get princess persimmon from seeds this year. Hope there is a way to see if male or female sooner than 10 years.

add in kotohime, sharps, arakawa maples
Max, those maples are "sports", or specific cultivars. Usually, the seeds don't carry the same characteristics as the parent. So, if you can only get seeds, you might have a hard time.., they're usually propagated by cuttings or grafts.

Top Bottom