Wish

Reaction score
Wish I could find shimpaku junipers in 7 or 10 gallon nursery pots for sale anyone have any suggestions

queenofsheba52

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Kyle, if I remember correctly, you are near Detroit? What about the bonsai place in Dundee, MI? The Flower Market or some similar name?

Reaction score
Yes I am a frequent shopper there. I am probably going to head to the hidden garden near Chicago. But wanted to see if there was any others around that I could have been missing. What is out by you in west Michigan.

Reaction score
How is hidden garden have you been there. That sucks that there is nothing over there maybe this is your q to open up lol

queenofsheba52

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I've communicated with Don and he isn't selling right now.

I haven't been to Hidden Gardens yet but it's on my list; will check out Meehans also . TY@M. Frary!

CasAH

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
How is hidden garden have you been there. That sucks that there is nothing over there maybe this is your q to open up lol

Hidden Gardens is nice. They have some Walter Pall selected yadmoria (sp?) they have other nice trees, I got a nice Korean hornbeam last year. Various elms, tridents, Japanese maples, junipers. Search for @sorce thread shippin and pimpin. It is about a shimpaku he got there.

Reaction score
Thanks casah. How are the prices? Do they have a lot? I am just looking for material so hopefully I can find some

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I only remember whips and one gallon Shimps....
You could blend a Big Ole US collected J and some Shimp whips....

I think they may see the occasional larger Shimp on a trade, sale, or what have you...
But they wouldnt be "regular" stock.

Sorce

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
@sorce what else out that way is worth checking out. Do you know anywhere thanks

BC Bonsai.

If you have to time to go see the collection at the Botanical Garden in Glencoe that's worth the $ for a day.

Sorce

CasAH

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
what does bc bonsai carry older material are the prices good

BC Bonsai has 15 acres, with about 5 acres planted with various trees that you dig your self. It is out in Paw Paw, IL. Route 30 and I-39.

They are pre Bonsai, some have been cut back, some not. Some trees are close to 20 feet tall. Prices are reasonable.

They also have indoor and more worked on outdoor Bonsai that they have at their home in Wheaton. You need to call and make an appointment to visit either location. They have a website with phone numbers.

Reaction score
Casah thanks so much. I making a 5 hour trip that way and just want to get to a couple quality places that I can buy material from. Hidden gardens is one and the bc will prolly be another. Now which one to go to first lol

Top Bottom