Wisteria sinensis

PieterVE

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Repotted my little wisteria sinensis, I have this little tree now some 15 years and it never bloomed.

It was in a bit larger, but not so high light blue chinese pot, that last winter cracked a bit, but now with the freezing temperatures we had last week, fell completely apart.
So the repotting was necessary !
It is in a freedraining soil mix with some larger lava at the bottom of the pot.
Now I've read that in summer I need to put it in a bowl that has to be full of water.
Any other tips to get it blooming ?

Attachments

• IMG_20210221_181446045.jpg
    IMG_20210221_181446045.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 28

WNC Bonsai

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Let it get pot bound. According to sources I have read once they are pot bound they will switch from vegetative buds to producing flower buds. Last summer I heavily pruned mine back in July and it put out flowers in August. Also go light on any high nitrogen fert as that too promotes veg growth instead of flowers.

PieterVE

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Let it get pot bound. According to sources I have read once they are pot bound they will switch from vegetative buds to producing flower buds. Last summer I heavily pruned mine back in July and it put out flowers in August. Also go light on any high nitrogen fert as that too promotes veg growth instead of flowers.
Thank you for the info, I've read about being potbound too. Did not know about the fertalisation though !

Top Bottom