Wisteria slow to leaf out after "Winter"?

Reaction score
Quick question about two types of Wisteria, both Chinese and Kentucky Blue Moon:

Just how slow to leaf out after "Winter" are they? I say "Winter", as it only froze once. The Chinese plant has started producing some leaves as of yesterday, but still nothing from the KBM. On the KBM, there appear to be buds, but I'm not sure if they're active, they're not green. The plant still appears to be alive, as it's green under the bark.

I'm sure that my weather now is mirroring some of your summer-time conditions, we're seeing highs in the upper 80's and lows in the 60's now.

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Given your location and weather I would consider keeping them damp and in partial sunlight. They like water and if you have them out in the sun to much they will act oddly. Also even if you manage to keep them damp but leave them out in the sun you have a recipe for cooked roots. Without a picture and not knowing anything else that would be my best guess.

Grimmy

michaelj

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
Mine have all been leafing out for a few weeks. But they all started about a week apart, so I wouldn't start panicking just yet.

iant

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9B
Almost all of my plants leaf out before my wisteria. It's one of the last of the bunch.
Ian

Top Bottom