Woocash’s Little Christmas Tree Entry

Woocash

Omono
Reaction score
Ok, I’m not even sure how much of a goer this contest still is as the admin hasn't been seen for months as far as I am aware. @B.uneasy are you there?

Also, reckon I ballsed this one right up. In my excitement at another newly acquired (and much more promising) blue spruce I decided to do what turned out to be a rather radical butchering styling and ended up with something I’m not overly happy with, but we’ll see how it turns out in a decade or 3. I kept chopping and changing the front and accidentally cut off more than one branch I didn’t mean to. 🤦‍♂️

Anyway... I like the deadwood and it’s all practice at the end of the day.
D02EDE67-A829-41D3-8F25-3248A35604C0.jpeg

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Look, we're in line to sit on Santa's lap and there's going to be a Santa at the end of this, come Hell or high water. (I've heard, but can't confirm, there's more than one Santa!)

Bonsaidoorguy

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Ok, I’m not even sure how much of a goer this contest still is as the admin hasn't been seen for months as far as I am aware. @B.uneasy are you there?

Also, reckon I ballsed this one right up. In my excitement at another newly acquired (and much more promising) blue spruce I decided to do what turned out to be a rather radical butchering styling and ended up with something I’m not overly happy with, but we’ll see how it turns out in a decade or 3. I kept chopping and changing the front and accidentally cut off more than one branch I didn’t mean to. 🤦‍♂️

Anyway... I like the deadwood and it’s all practice at the end of the day.
View attachment 331553
Well I know that I've got a couple ugly x-Christmas trees still going for the contest. Yours is coming along nicely.

Woocash

Omono
Reaction score
Well I know that I've got a couple ugly x-Christmas trees still going for the contest. Yours is coming along nicely.
Look, we're in line to sit on Santa's lap and there's going to be a Santa at the end of this, come Hell or high water. (I've heard, but can't confirm, there's more than one Santa!)
Well, my Mum has known at least three over the years. I still like the first one the best though. Good stuff!

Woocash

Omono
Reaction score
Heh, thanks. It’s not too bad I suppose, but it makes you realise how little ramification they have when they’re this small. I’ve only got branching because of the pruning I did in May otherwise they’d have all just been single shoots.

Woocash

Omono
Reaction score
Just finished the first styling of this one, number one, Picea Omorika. I thought I’d wire out every bit of it to get practice in for the ultra fine stuff. Very fiddly and needed several guy wires for the thicker stuff but I’m pretty happy with the results in the end. Obviously, the apex needs lots of growing out and no doubt I’ll have to wire the whole thing again, being a spruce, but it’s a start.8F21ED28-E738-4CF6-B018-3CFB5EC453BC.jpeg

cishepard

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
We are coming closer to the end of the Little Christmas Tree contest. Final photos should be posted in your individual threads, and will be voted on by the general membership starting on April 30.

Time to start thinking about your repotting, final design, wiring, pruning and generally getting the trees in shape for the contest!

BobbyLane

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
seems like a lot of those entries arent even posting now, majority havnt been seen for months.

Woocash

Omono
Reaction score
seems like a lot of those entries arent even posting now, majority havnt been seen for months.
Yeah, I’m hoping that by giving a months notice that people will have time to remember that they joined the contest!
I’m still here! Though I lost my little one. I mean I literally lost it to the river. Think it got blown in in a storm, but hey ho. The middle one is still pretty average, and the biggest one was, but I just made a (kind of) radical change to it so I’ll expect no prizes, but I’m quite excited about it’s potential for the future. As I only did the reworking a couple of months ago and i don’t expect much change between now and then I thought I’d just save the reveal til the end.

Eckhoffw

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4b
I’m still here. Even though my entry died years ago.
I’m waiting for this thing to wrap up as I promised the winner a cedar grow box. 🤣

cishepard

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I’m still here. Even though my entry died years ago.
I’m waiting for this thing to wrap up as I promised the winner a cedar grow box. 🤣
Oh, I didn’t know that! I sort of took over the contest, so that is good to know if the offer is still on : )

Woocash

Omono
Reaction score
Here's my rather late entry. I got fed up of looking at what would have turned out to be a Christmas tree with down turned branches so I took inspiration from Mr kimura's hill side forest and created a fallen raft style tree instead. I wish my beginner eyes had seen this when the contest started because it would have been much further along by now but cest la vie. One of the apex's has gone brown but the rest is coming to life now. I look forward to the future of this one.
PXL_20230503_110212269.jpg

pandacular

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Wow, this tree is pretty neat. Do you still have it?

Top Bottom