Wood Burl Stands

R_F

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I recently purchased a Maple Wood Burl Stand From Ebay I got it in the mail and it is really nice. I only paid about $15 for it including shipping. I noticed that the seller listed more, and raised his prices slightly, but for what you get it is a good deal based on other listings I've seen for similar items. Here's a link to the seller's store : http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/garphy43_W0QQ_nkwZQQ_armrsZ1QQ_fromZQQ_ipgZ25

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Nice work. I wish they were eight times bigger and half the thickness, or less...

LeonardB

Shohin
Reaction score
The problem wi
I recently purchased a Maple Wood Burl Stand From Ebay I got it in the mail and it is really nice. I only paid about $15 for it including shipping. I noticed that the seller listed more, and raised his prices slightly, but for what you get it is a good deal based on other listings I've seen for similar items. Here's a link to the seller's store : http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/garphy43_W0QQ_nkwZQQ_armrsZ1QQ_fromZQQ_ipgZ25
the problem with ebay is that as soon as they think you are interested, the price starts to skyrocket. I've bought 1 inch thick slabs that I had to plane down to 3/8" and then sand and finish and then find no one wants to pay even what I paid for the raw piece of wood. It's very frustrating and causes you to hesitate purchasing nice wood pieces.

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
The problem with ebay is that as soon as they think you are interested, the price starts to skyrocket. I've bought 1 inch thick slabs that I had to plane down to 3/8" and then sand and finish and then find no one wants to pay even what I paid for the raw piece of wood. It's very frustrating and causes you to hesitate purchasing nice wood pieces.

Do you realize that this thread is 12 years old?

LeonardB

Shohin
Reaction score
Sure, ain't it great to reintroduce? I've got 15 or 20 slabs I would like to get opinions on. I watched video of the Kokufu show this year and got lots of new ideas for jiita.

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Sure, ain't it great to reintroduce? I've got 15 or 20 slabs I would like to get opinions on. I watched video of the Kokufu show this year and got lots of new ideas for jiita.

The original poster hasn't logged on in a year and is the information even still relevant?.
Start a new thread for your slabs and ask/discuss. Im sure people would like to see them

Top Bottom