Woops :)

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Caused by people NOT CLICKING on the ads as they should. Try CLICKING on an interesting ad, you'll like it!
I've made some good purchases with that ads link. It follows what you have been searching anyways. So...yeah, it's great if one actually uses it. Or, clicks on it just to benefit the forum.

It's Kev

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I often lurk and creep on other websites, and during the downtime I stumbled upon another B-Nutter to ask what’s going on
10208D02-3F26-4E0E-B102-E7A8C08A1893.jpeg
Maybe it was @Adair M , maybe it was an impostor with the same name who’s also into bonsai.

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
Anybody here remember when BonsaiTalk, the most popular bonsai forum on the net a decade ago, went down one day and never came back up? I probably tried to log in 40 times there before I finally gave up. By last night, I was beginning to get that same feeling. Thank God the Red Sox were there to distract me Sunday.... but yesterday at work SUCKED because B'nut wasn't there to distract me! Glad B'nut is back on!

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Anybody here remember when BonsaiTalk, the most popular bonsai forum on the net a decade ago, went down one day and never came back up? I probably tried to log in 40 times there before I finally gave up. By last night, I was beginning to get that same feeling. Thank God the Red Sox were there to distract me Sunday.... but yesterday at work SUCKED because B'nut wasn't there to distract me! Glad B'nut is back on!
I wasn't around then...but have heard ones talk about it. I assumed since Greg hadn't warned us...it was a server issue. Just goes to remind us all the hidden hours behind the scenes that goes on. And how much we really do appreciate that dedication he puts into it.

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
2 days! I thought you'd kicked the bucket @Bonsai Nut :p

I visit the site so often, I don't recall the last time I visited it on Sunday. Usually I check it before I go to bed at night, and visit it again first thing in the morning. However yesterday my daughter didn't have school, and we got up early to visit a college campus that was a couple of hours drive away, so I didn't turn on my PC.

These things always happen when you glance away for a nano-second. It took me less than five minutes to fix the database and get the site back up and running :)

In the future, if the site is down and you can't use the "contact us" link, you can send me an email directly to bonsainut "at" cox.net.

Last edited:

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I often lurk and creep on other websites, and during the downtime I stumbled upon another B-Nutter to ask what’s going on
View attachment 215327
Maybe it was @Adair M , maybe it was an impostor with the same name who’s also into bonsai.
No, it was me, on Facebook.

But, as usuall, I was clueless.

AZbonsai

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Glad to see all! Good grief that was excruciating.

Sn0W

Shohin
Reaction score
Glad it's back up. Donated to keep it running. Didn't realise how much I'd miss it until it was gone!

CasAH

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I visit the site so often, I don't recall the last time I visited it on Sunday. Usually I check it before I go to bed at night, and visit it again first thing in the morning. However yesterday my daughter didn't have school, and we got up early to visit a college campus that was a couple of hours drive away, so I didn't turn on my PC.

These things always happen when you glance away for a nano-second. It took me less than five minutes to fix the database and get the site back up and running :)

In the future, if the site is down and you can't use the "contact us" link, you can send me an email directly to bonsainut "at" cox.net.

Bad Admin, Bad, Bad,Bad!!!!

But a good dad, so we will let it slide this time.

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Glad B'nut is back on!

In addition to rolling database backups on the server, I also keep manual database backups on my network at home. To be on the safe side, I always manually back up the database before I work on it... just in case :) Worst scenario I can imagine (in the event of a bad hack or technical crash) has me deleting the entire site, reinstalling all the software with new files from the vendors, and restoring the database from an archive... which should be no older than 24 hours.

Top Bottom