Workstand Recommendations

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Does anyone have experience with the very expensive MECO workstand ?

http://www.mecobonsai.com/p-13-deluxe-workstand.aspx

I would like a worktable with some height adjustment but $450 is too pricey. I would appreciate ideas on any alternatives?

Thanks

Frank

I've bought two.... one for Eric and I, and one as a Christmas present for Daniel Robinson... I count it as one of the best tool purchases we've made. Daniel loves his. And it's build quality is amazing. I actually want a second one for Eric... since sharing it is a bugger when we are both working at the same time. And some of our trees are very large and heavy... which this is designed to hold.

It's an awesome purchase.

V

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
I've bought two.... one for Eric and I, and one as a Christmas present for Daniel Robinson... I count it as one of the best tool purchases we've made. Daniel loves his. And it's build quality is amazing. I actually want a second one for Eric... since sharing it is a bugger when we are both working at the same time. And some of our trees are very large and heavy... which this is designed to hold.

It's an awesome purchase.

V

Exactly! I love mine, too. If you have big, heavy trees, this stand is fantastic.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Dale Cochoy also sells them... not sure if he has any kind of a special... but there's where I got mine. :)

V

mcpesq817

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I have the table top version and love it. It's very solid and well made.

reddog

Mame
Reaction score
Make your own by finding a used barber chair. Make sure the the hydraulics and brake work. Toss the chair portion and make a wooden table that will attach securely to the base shaft. Should be able to make this for under $100.

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Make your own by finding a used barber chair. Make sure the the hydraulics and brake work. Toss the chair portion and make a wooden table that will attach securely to the base shaft. Should be able to make this for under $100.

I find this to go well with the workstand. You should see the foliage fly when the overture kicks in!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhL1nLuXN4o&feature=related

Top Bottom