World's Largest Bonsai?

october

Masterpiece
Reaction score
The Japanese's dedication to their craft is omnipotent.

Rob

bigboxtree[1].jpg

october

Masterpiece
Reaction score
lol.. Ya, thats why I put a question mark after the title of the thread. I did not want to make a false statement..You win...;)

Can't even imagine the maintenance. It's like.. Ok, I have to go prune one of my trees..see you in 7-10 days...lol

Rob

october

Masterpiece
Reaction score
lol... The battle of the gigantic bonsai.. Sounds like a creature double feature.. Maybe a triple feature in this case.

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Oh yes Dario, thats the ones I was remembering, thought they were Pecan trees?

Check the link I included. It is heritage Live Oak. The "heritage" title is usually used to denote old trees...mostly centenarian. I think after all is said and done...the developer spent around $300,000 to relocate this tree by itself. :O

The enlarged pics were too big to be linked (forum is rejecting it).

Last edited:

tmmason10

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Check the link I included. It is heritage Live Oak. The "heritage" title is usually used to denote old trees...mostly centenarian. I think after all is said and done...the developer spent around $300,000 to relocate this tree by itself. :O

The enlarged pics were too big to be linked (forum is rejecting it).

I may be mistaken, but I thought I read on cnn.com a while back that the bill was actually footed by the tax payers?

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I may be mistaken, but I thought I read on cnn.com a while back that the bill was actually footed by the tax payers?

You could be right. I am not sure how this particular project was handled...but NORMALLY it goes back to the developer as condition on their permit. UNLESS it was offered by the City as a "token" or "incentive" for the development to materialize. Imagine how much tax the development will generate (perpetually). ;)

Top Bottom