Worried about my Brazilian Raintree

Tavitay1

Seed
Reaction score
Hello,
I purchased a Brazilian Raintree bonsai almost a year ago and it was doing fine. Until the leaves started getting crunchy and then falling off. Their are currently no leaves or signs of new growth.
Am I under watering it? And is there any way to save my tree?
- Thankz

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Not enough information provided to respond in any meaningful way. Where is it being kept? Watering schedule? Picture?
Need more information.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Did you recently repot it? If not, crunchy leaves=not enough water. Put it in the shade and unless it was left too dry for a long period of time, I'll bet it will bounce back.

WNC Bonsai

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Mine gets watered profusely every afternoon and it is growing like gangbusters. They like it hot and in full sun. I also give it Miracle-Gro every couple weeks. Are you doing any of these things?

Tavitay1

Seed
Reaction score
I don't really have a watering schedule. I stick a toothpick in and water when the soil is dry. I haven't used miracle grow in a while.
Its currently in my apartment. I had a sun lamp and I put it in the window every day.

Reel4Reel

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I would not water too much at this point. maybe a mist on the tree surface everyday and the pot thoroughly only when about to completely dry, until you see some green. otherwise, you will probably get root rot, mildew, etc. keep in very bright spot, and be careful with the sunlamp so that it doesn't get too hot.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Looks cooked. This didn't happen overnight.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Welcome to Crazy!

Is it cookies in them tins?
Or sewing supplies?

Sorce

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Sun lamp? Unless your are just using the wrong nomenclature, that's big mistake. They are intended to convey heat, not light. Florescents are used because they convey high light levels close-up with very little heat. The new LED Florescent bulbs are even better. The plant is probably dead, but give it outdoors daylight and keep it watered until temps outside go under 50°F. Buy a fig and learn how to take care of easy plants, first.

Top Bottom