Worst spring in memory!

Poink88

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
If I don't have overly cold sensitive tropical trees, this weather would be ideal for me too. :) I am doing "the dance" once more tomorrow afternoon. :rolleyes:

davetree

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
It's the slowest spring ever here but I agree with Don. I just put my trees out. Ordinarily I would have been doing the back and forth for a month and a half by now. Carrying trees that way gets old quick. I also had much more time for repotting this year so I did a better job, got more root work done, and everything I have now is in my soil mix 100%, all of the cruddy dirt on my stock has been cleaned completely away. My elms are all in a much drier mix to preserve the bark. Pines are all in a good mix. I had time to think more and prune better before spring instead of suddenly rushing through repotting. So it turned out well even if we have snow tonight and everyone is bitching about it.

gergwebber

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
can someone direct me to the summer is already here thread? I don't know what to do now.

davetree

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I was just dragging the last deciduous bonsai into my garage and the snow is starting to fall, mixed with ice.

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
The up side, as Bill said, is a prolonged repotting period. Before you know it, we'll be complaining about the 95 + days in June...

HumbleTrees

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6A
"Cool temps without significant erratic swings"

I wish. We've had more erratics swings than a menopa... never mind, you get the idea.

70 deg and sunny to 35 deg and snowing in less than an hour. Been this way for 2 weeks.

october

Masterpiece
Reaction score
"Cool temps without significant erratic swings"

I wish. We've had more erratics swings than a menopa... never mind, you get the idea.

70 deg and sunny to 35 deg and snowing in less than an hour. Been this way for 2 weeks.

Yes, that is the problem here. 60's during the day and then temps in or near the 30's at night.

Rob

Top Bottom