Would an American help me get some seeds?

Bon Sai

Mame
Reaction score
Catalonia (Mediterranean South-western Europe)
USDA Zone
9a
Hi,

I'm very interested in a species which is Robinia neomexicana, a kind of shrubby locust. I want it for my bees. After searching for months, I found an American man who is willing to sell me some seeds but he insists he won't send them outside of the US.

So, if you are American, could I have them sent to you and you resend them to me? I'd want you to split them in two envelopes to reduce the chances of losing all of the seeds. I'm in the European Union and apparently you need a phytosanitary certificate to buy seeds from outside, although I've bought seeds from several shops in America and Australia without said certificate and they haven't been returned or lost.

If you want some of the seeds, you can keep them. Needless to say I'll pay all of the shipping and some amount for the service.

So, not exactly related to bonsai but who knows, maybe this species would be suitable for bonsai. I may try it if I can get the seeds.

eryk2kartman

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
This one?

Bon Sai

Mame
Reaction score
Catalonia (Mediterranean South-western Europe)
USDA Zone
9a
This one?

No. It's not a seed shop, but a tree nursery. The man agreed to sell me the seeds after I asked him directly by email.

eryk2kartman

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
You can get them in Europe, that what i tried to say,
and save all the hassle by getting them from US

eryk2kartman

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Sorry, my bad, didnt look at that
but still, wouldnt be easier to ask shop to get them for you ?

Cable

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I think the issue is that a lot of countries, don't know about yours, require an import permit and/or phytosanition certificate for importation as well as may have quarantine restrictions.

Top Bottom