Would anybody be interested in taking on a badass juniper that could be shaped into my avatar???

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Well guys just like the title says! I’ve got a collected juniper that I’ve been keeping healthy for about two years now. And to be honest it’s so badass it’s a little out of my.... we’ll say over my head! It has SO MUCH potential that it’s simply in the wrong hands! It has endless options for Jin/Shari! Health is great! Little leggy, grown in a landscape for 30 years!!! A reason why I believe something similar to my avatar could be had. Pictures can not do justice because there’s just so much going on. Here’s a link to the thread created when I collected the tree.

Let me know if anybody is interested here before I post it on the Facebook auctions. I would request the buyer to post progress pics in the years to come!!! 🤤🧐😃

I’ll get some pics up. Just wondering if anybody is interested.
As far as $ goes, let me know what you guys think it’s worth. If nobody wants it here give me a price in your opinion of value for the auctions.

and yes I think local pick up is a must with it’s size!!!!

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Do you have a current picture of the tree?
Its been 6 months since the we have seen what it looks like

HENDO

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4a
Looks like a fun project for somebody for sure. If I were closer to St. Louis I would definitely want to see it in person. Some good clear pictures of the nebari and branch structure from all angles would be great. Probably wouldn't hurt to do some foliage cleaning before pictures too, whether you sell it here or post on the auctions.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Wow, that is a beast. If I was nearby I would want it, but I probably wouldn’t have the budget for what it is worth. Or the means to get it into my backyard from a truck for that matter. But that limits your market in general, and something is really only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.
I think it might be worth figuring out how much it will cost to ship it and then put a posting on eBay at an outrageous starting bid.

bwaynef

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Since I'm so far away from StLoMo as to not be realistically in the market, I'd like to encourage you to use this tree to improve. Hire a professional to come work with you on this tree if its impractical to get it the professional. It really is an impressive tree, but the basics are still the basics. Having someone alongside to show you where to start would be invaluable and would definitely help your confidence.

bwaynef

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I'm pretty sure Tyler Sherrod works with a study group out there, that used to be Michael Hagedorn's, ...that used to be Boon's.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b9
I like the idea of having an expert along to help, you guys are really lucky to have such options and I really advise you to take full advantage of this if its possible.

Failing that or while you wait for that and maybe more experienced members can advise possible pros/cons? what about colander/root bag and back in the ground or as close to it as you can achieve until such a time as you're ready to take it on?
I imagine this would give the tree a boost while it waits for you rather than just seeing it go and wondering what you could have done with it, and the ground should take care of most of its needs for you too.

micahmcgrath

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Well guys just like the title says! I’ve got a collected juniper that I’ve been keeping healthy for about two years now. And to be honest it’s so badass it’s a little out of my.... we’ll say over my head! It has SO MUCH potential that it’s simply in the wrong hands! It has endless options for Jin/Shari! Health is great! Little leggy, grown in a landscape for 30 years!!! A reason why I believe something similar to my avatar could be had. Pictures can not do justice because there’s just so much going on. Here’s a link to the thread created when I collected the tree.

Let me know if anybody is interested here before I post it on the Facebook auctions. I would request the buyer to post progress pics in the years to come!!! 🤤🧐😃

I’ll get some pics up. Just wondering if anybody is interested.
As far as $ goes, let me know what you guys think it’s worth. If nobody wants it here give me a price in your opinion of value for the auctions.

and yes I think local pick up is a must with it’s size!!!!
Pm me if you're still looking to move this along. I'm in the STL area and I'd be interested in taking a look. Let me know!

Top Bottom