Would like to thank Sergio/MACH5 for this virtual...

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
As many know...his fall color on his Amur/ Acer Ginnala sealed the deal on my purchase from Brent. So...I have been picking his brains for fine tuning my course of action with my tree.

He was kind enough to offer up some of his time, and honor me with a virtual of what he sees a direction for it. I must say...I am inspired by it.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:

fredman

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Oh yeah...that is one sexy looking fellow. You gonna have lots of fun for sure. Got your carving tools ready and sharpened...?

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Oh yeah...that is one sexy looking fellow. You gonna have lots of fun for sure. Got your carving tools ready and sharpened...?
Thanks...and it is known for seeing ramification in a few years. As for carving tools. My husband picked me up a 20 Pcs 3mm carving engraving bit set. :cool: So yeah...I'm ready! (Will work nice on my small trees)

image.jpg

whfarro

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6A
His trees are inspirational. His talents exceptional. And he is always so willing to share that with all of us maple lovers. Looking forward to seeing what he has lined up for MABS this spring.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
His trees are inspirational. His talents exceptional. And he is always so willing to share that with all of us maple lovers. Looking forward to seeing what he has lined up for MABS this spring.
That they are...I love the look of his trees. I don't have really any maples other than this...

He has been quite helpful with helping me get my ducks in a row in a plan of horticultural aspect and such. I've a few directions...but the apex speaks to me on this. I see that right branch coming forward and down reaching toward the viewer to a degree.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Good stuff. Looking for a good set myself. Please let us know how this work...
Just posted the bits on a FB group. And have seen that a few use them and like them. Will most likely go the woods and find some scrap to see what does what...and get a feel for it. Before touching my own trees.

Nybonsai12

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
image.jpg Sergio is the man. Always generous with his knowledge and artistic skills. He's one of the great assets to Bnut who not only share their excellent work, but actually take time to help out others.

A virt he made for me on a tree he has given me some great direction. Thanks again Sergio. I look at the tree daily and am reminded of how much I am looking forward to spring work!

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Sergio shared photos of one season progression in ramification of branches. These things grow like darling weeds! Which will help me with chopping that right branch back. And developing that branch with taper.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
View attachment 93546 Sergio is the man. Always generous with his knowledge and artistic skills. He's one of the great assets to Bnut who not only share their excellent work, but actually take time to help out others.

A virt he made for me on a tree he has given me some great direction. Thanks again Sergio. I look at the tree daily and am reminded of how much I am looking forward to spring work!
He really is an amazing man...with much talent and an asset to those who frequent here. That is an amazing virtual...Do you happen to have a thread started about the tree itself? Would love to take a look at it if so. Possibly share a link?

barrosinc

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
got me one too!

elm-sketch-jpg.64710

Nybonsai12

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a