Would you recommend Lesniewicz's "Bonsai: The Complete Guide to Art and Technique" today?

yoru sanpo

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Would you consider Paul Lesniewicz's Bonsai: The Complete Guide to Art and Technique to still be reasonably useful? It was my primary guide for my first stint in bonsai in the 1990s. It was recommended to me by my friend's father, who was quite experienced in bonsai and had a beautiful collection of trees. I thought the book was approachable, useful, and inspiring, but parted with it when I drifted away from bonsai. I recently tracked down another copy and am reading it again. I haven't come across any concepts that look like they might have been left behind, but I could be wrong. What caveats would you have about bonsai books of this age?

Thanks!

RKatzin

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
The basics and fundamentals do not change as peoples ideals follow every wim and fad. A good book that entertainingly presents the basics and fundamentals and some advanced techniques will always be a good book.
In my collection I have a few books from the 60's and they're just as pertenent today as when they were printed.

Top Bottom