Wow, how did that happen?

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
So I have been going through my trees and updating pictures etc. Ive am also revamping my catalog system and spreadsheets to keep track of tree development etc.

My new system is using engraved aluminun tags to assign ID numbers to trees because the old system using plastic plant tags with codes written with marker were proving to be less convenient because the numbers fade and have to be rewritten every few months.

So because the new tags are numbered consecutively, this is the first real count of trees Ive had in a while.

Anyway...when I got done assigning numbers to trees, I come up with a count of 63!!!!

Holy crap!.....63 trees.....How did I that happen?.......I had no idea Id accumulated so many!
I thought it was more like 40 or so.
It definately is a reality check for me in that I have to avoid buying more trees.
Ive been feeling that I have reached the limit of what I can handle time wise to care for.

Last edited:

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Only 63? I'm trying to work my way back down toward that number!

Jester217300

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6A
Yeah, I have somewhere around 100. It's hard for me to count... I have a few species that many people would not put under the "bonsai" umbrella, some things that will take 30 years to grow, some cuttings I took, some trees I collected for layering... It's hard for me to come up with an accurate number. I think I have less than 20 trees in bonsai soil but will be taking a lot out of the ground or nursery cans this coming spring.

KennedyMarx

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I did a head count early this summer and couldn't believe that I had thirtysome plants. Only a few are in bonsai pots. I told myself I should keep the plants around twenty, but when I get rid of one two more seem to appear... :D

Reaction score
it happens

Think I need to count too. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• how-many-bonsai-do-you-own-copy.jpg
    how-many-bonsai-do-you-own-copy.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 70

jkd2572

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I have about 40 in bonsai pots. Fixing to sell 3 to buy one. Trying for quality over quantity at this point. I have about 72 feet of benches and that's all the room I have. With out looking like a hoarder n:eek:

Last edited:

Vin

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I have about 40 in bonsai pots. Fixing to sell 3 to buy one. Trying for quality over quantity at this point. I have about 72 feet of benches and that's all the room I have. With out looking like a hoarder n:eek:

You gonna give us a peek? Might be able to sell them on B-Nut.

Top Bottom