Wow,Nice Hinoki?

cmeg1

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Seen this Hinoki on Brussels Bonsai.
If I had some sort of white poly tunnel,I would probably pull the trigger.I have absolutely no winter protection here yet at the new place:oops:
What do you think?
Honestly though,I would want to see more photos.Does Brussel provide more photos through email?
I have Bonsai Mirai lessons on training these....WOW!
https://brusselsbonsai.com/hinoki-cypress-st4615hc-a/

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
on the IL-WI border, a mile from ''da Lake''
USDA Zone
5b
Just ask, very likely Brussel's will be able to hold it for you until safe to put outside in your area. They may charge a boarding fee, but for just a few months, it won't be much.

If you don't work it much this summer, it will adjust. I winter my Hinoki outside, under a bench, shade and wind shield, no protection from cold, and they do fine through -10 F.

Note, repotting, heavy pruning, and bending will reduce winter hardiness. If I work my Hinoki, I give them protection, an unheated well house, stays above +28 F.

So if you do no work on it, just let it adjust, it should be winter hardy in your area.

In the ground, well established, they are hardy to about -15 or -20 F.

The +20F Brussel's recommends reflects their climate and that they do not harden off their trees.

cmeg1

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Just ask, very likely Brussel's will be able to hold it for you until safe to put outside in your area. They may charge a boarding fee, but for just a few months, it won't be much.

If you don't work it much this summer, it will adjust. I winter my Hinoki outside, under a bench, shade and wind shield, no protection from cold, and they do fine through -10 F.

Note, repotting, heavy pruning, and bending will reduce winter hardiness. If I work my Hinoki, I give them protection, an unheated well house, stays above +28 F.

So if you do no work on it, just let it adjust, it should be winter hardy in your area.

In the ground, well established, they are hardy to about -15 or -20 F.

The +20F Brussel's recommends reflects their climate and that they do not harden off their trees.
It took all I had not to contact him,because this year I want to go nursery hoppin’ and create something that way as per Mirai Live nursery tree videos.:cool:
Thank you for the kind response.

Top Bottom