Wrightia Religiosa ~ Might be cascade style

ndru

Seed
Reaction score
Hi, im new to this forum, this is my dad's plant which he didn't have time to maintain. So i decided to take over. This plant seems to have a little cascade style (maybe) going.. im planning to weight down the hanging part so that it will be under the pot level. Any comments are welcome. im lost on how to go forward with this.

Thanks.
Andrew

Attachments

• 20170419_183850.jpg
    20170419_183850.jpg
    284.5 KB · Views: 75
  • 20170419_183843.jpg
    20170419_183843.jpg
    309.1 KB · Views: 73

Anthony

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Ndru,

I don't know your climate zone, but Wrightia r. is normally a lush plant.
That one doesn't look too healthy, it is hard to tell, hard to see clearly.

You may wish to take your images with a blank background and front on.

Perhaps spending more time making it healthy, and later on thinking of a design.

You might wish to take a few of the suckers, root them and practice on them as separate plants.
Welcome to Crazy !!
Hope to see you around frequently.
Good Day
Anthony

ndru

Seed
Reaction score
Hi Anthony, thanks for the reply.
im in Malaysia, the picture was a few weeks after de-leafing, and the stump on top is the remain of top part air layering.
will get a better picture tomorrow.
Will try to keep up.
Andrew

Anthony

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Welcome Andrew,

but you have guys like Budi Salistyo in Malaysia or Jun in the Phillippines over on your side.
If you can go to the Internet Bonsai Club and get their names and send them p.m.s
They would have years of practical experience with that plant.

We have Wrightia r. here in the West Indies, but they are imports.
Wishing you the best.
Good Day
Anthony

namnhi

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Yep, you don't see too many threads on this forum about this specie. I have about 10 that are about 7 or 8 year old that are still in the grow out pot. Love the fragrance from the flower. Heavenly even just one little flower. Your definitely look a bit on the weak side. Most bonsaists probably will tell you that your soil is not the best but I live in Vietnam for 14 years and that is pretty much what we used... dirt.

ndru

Seed
Reaction score
Anthony, i would definitely look them up.

namnhi, yes, the smell from the flower is heavenly..especially in the mornings. I have a few more pots of them , but i dont know how to share them on this forum, afraid i might be flooding. About the soil, i've just changed the pot , soil and done some root pruning. Growth might pick up in a few weeks.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Welcome to Crazy!

Sorce

Top Bottom