wrightia religiosa nebari and roots developement.

Leo in N E Illinois

The Professor
Reaction score
on the IL-WI border, a mile from ''da Lake''
USDA Zone
5b
all the way from Borneo island.
summer 365.lol
cheers
Awesome place, someday I would love to visit Borneo. Are you in Sabah?, Sarawak? Kalimantan? Brunei? One of my favorite orchids is only found on middle, higher elevations of Gunung Kinabalu, and my second most favorite orchid is from the area around Gunung Mulu National Park.

You night consider attempting bonsai with the smaller leaf varieties of Vireya Rhododendrons if they are easily available to you. There are a few with small leaves that live on the slopes of Mount Kinabalu, and in many highland areas.

But this explains your rapid growth, your year round climate at sea level is about the same as a rainy week in July (middle of summer) for my area in the USA. That explains a lot. Nice.

Reaction score
Awesome place, someday I would love to visit Borneo. Are you in Sabah?, Sarawak? Kalimantan? Brunei? One of my favorite orchids is only found on middle, higher elevations of Gunung Kinabalu, and my second most favorite orchid is from the area around Gunung Mulu National Park.

You night consider attempting bonsai with the smaller leaf varieties of Vireya Rhododendrons if they are easily available to you. There are a few with small leaves that live on the slopes of Mount Kinabalu, and in many highland areas.

But this explains your rapid growth, your year round climate at sea level is about the same as a rainy week in July (middle of summer) for my area in the USA. That explains a lot. Nice.

Thanks Leo. I'm in Sarawak. Unfortunately any plant from mount kinabalu and mount mulu is prohibited.
The rhondodendrons consider a slow growing tree for the locals and very hard to create a tree like bonsai. None of one i know train one as bonsai. But they do sell as flowering tree

roberthu

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7B
Reviving this thread as I am really falling in love with this species. Did you repot it in the summer? I saw the first pic was posted in March and then in July you already have a developed root system with a lot of fine roots. Do they really grow that fast? What's your location and what's the climate like?
Thank you in advance!

roberthu

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7B
OP is in Borneo. Which is as tropical as tropical can get, so yes they repotted in summer, because everyday is summer there. Outside of the equator water jasmine can still require constant root work. I repot them twice a year when I'm not lazy.
Thank you for the information! Didn’t think the root needs that much work. Learned something!

Top Bottom