WTT (is this legal)?

DariusB

Seedling
Reaction score
Posting this here because maybe... The wife hates all my trees but said " oh I like those " (chojubai) so before I break open the wallet... I was wondering if anyone might have too many and are willing to trade for this ume? Serious trades please.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Stickroot

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Posting this here because maybe... The wife hates all my trees but said " oh I like those " (chojubai) so before I break open the wallet... I was wondering if anyone might have too many and are willing to trade for this ume? Serious trades please.

View attachment 106115

View attachment 106117
I have this Chojubai.image.jpegnot a great pic, I took it for the beer.

Eric Group

Masterpiece
Reaction score
I have a couple Chojubai cuttings that are way too small to make it worth trading for that Ume.. But I'd be willing to bundle something- azalea maybe? (Bet I got one or two- or TEN- she would find "pretty" as well) or I could send a small Chojubai and toss in a Benjamin or two if you want to work something out! ;)

Great tree man!

armetisius

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Don't let your Ume go anywhere. Too nice a tree for some quince. Hunt
for a small one to grow on but take your time. In the meantime?
Go buy a Toyo-nishiki or contorta; there are plenty of them in the big box
stores and since they aren't blooming are relatively cheap right now. Use
it to kind of pull her into the hobby. "First we have to take care of it til
Spring. Then we have to . . . ", usually before you know it they develop a
"taste" for growing.

Eric Group

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Well, I only have like TWO! LOL they are not much to look at yet and I have found them to be fairly difficult to root, so I am not REALLY looking to get rid of them... Unless the potential is there to get something crazy cool for them. ;)

If you are looking for affordable starts of other stuff though, shoot me a PM. I have LOADS of trees (literally too many to count) and I am actively selling stuff in an attempt to get my numbers to a more manageable level..

Eric Group

Masterpiece
Reaction score
Don't let your Ume go anywhere. Too nice a tree for some quince. Hunt
for a small one to grow on but take your time. In the meantime?
Go buy a Toyo-nishiki or contorta; there are plenty of them in the big box
stores and since they aren't blooming are relatively cheap right now. Use
it to kind of pull her into the hobby. "First we have to take care of it til
Spring. Then we have to . . . ", usually before you know it they develop a
"taste" for growing.
Woahhh, WOAH... Let's not talk rational to the man, if he wants to move this tree, let him do it!
JK... I agree actually. This Ume is way to nice to do an even trade for most any Chojubai I have seen in the states... One of those crazy old clumps you see in Japan might be a fair trade, but you don't see them come around often here...

Stickroot

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Is the oxalis included in the trade? lol. I hate that stuff.
What has made you hate it? Major take over?
But, to answer your question NO, I must keep it for it is my daughters.

JoeR

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Well, I only have like TWO! LOL they are not much to look at yet and I have found them to be fairly difficult to root, so I am not REALLY looking to get rid of them... Unless the potential is there to get something crazy cool for them. ;)

If you are looking for affordable starts of other stuff though, shoot me a PM. I have LOADS of trees (literally too many to count) and I am actively selling stuff in an attempt to get my numbers to a more manageable level..
I too have loads of cuttings rooting rapidly as we speak, so maybe a trade in the fall or spring could be in order. I've been looking for the harder to find stuff, like cork bark maple cuttings and chojubai.

Top Bottom