Wyoming trees

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Awesome trip and great pictures Judy!

Is that another pine in your 3rd set of pictures? I've seen some huge Limber's where I collect that look just like this... like a big old deciduous tree...lol. Don't they know they can't grow that way? :rolleyes:
Glad that you guys enjoyed them. I believe that the large twin is a big bristlecone. I've seen them get that big in Idaho too.

berobinson82

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Looks like it was a great walk in the woods, JudyB. Thank you ever so much for sharing with us. Pic #4 in Post #14 made me drop jaw and scratch brow. Nature has one heck of a paint brush.

fore

Omono
Reaction score
Dan, I can't tell you how excited I am to be able to do this with Michael. And I'm so glad to hear your positive experience! You are the second person I've talked to about his seasonals, and both of you had nothing but positive remarks about the experience. Too bad we didn't sign up for the same seasonal ;)

I went back to the photo's, and I see what you're talking about regarding the bark and needles. Thank you Dan for pointing the differences out, I'm trying hard to learn as much as possible about conifers. So I guess Judy was just in a hot spot for Limber pines.

Either way, fantastic photos Judy, and Thanks again for sharing your trip with us! Those alpine lakes are truly beautiful!

Last edited:
Top Bottom