Wyoming Trident 101

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
While the tree is quite graceful on top, that large and powerful trunk and base needs to be grounded. The second stand while having nice legs is kinda lost because of the scroll work on the stretcher, it just feels too light. The first stand is better in that the top blade has a heavy feel, but so does the legs and a blocky shape. Something between the two would be better.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
5A
Hey Dan, looking good. I like the combo and the tree will grow into it nicely. I think you did the right thing reducing the height and it seems to be appreciating your work. 2 thumbs up.

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Holy smokes, that is a BEAUTIFUL container. Really nice. Time for me to get another hobby.

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
My goodness. I just had to come back and look at it again and comment. Really can just leave you stunned and send you to a frothy swoon!! Really great job by Don on this tree....amazing is more like it!! Can you start me one? I figure my kid won't need braces for at least three to five years, (he's only two!!). I could save a bundle between now and then!! Once again, just a fantastic .......everything!!;)

Dan W.

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hi Lance,
Don did a great job with this tree, but it has been around quite a while. It was imported from Japan, to someone with the Kennet Collection. There I know Suthin worked on it, and Owen said he remembered working on it as well. I also worked on the tree last spring with Michael Hagedorn. So quite a few hands have gone into its making. :) Of course I'm not saying that Don couldn't create one like this for you... It just might take a very long time to grow one from the ground up to this point.

Top Bottom