yamadori collection

pyro gaz

Seedling
Reaction score
hi so who on here is lucky enough to collect yamadori? i mailed my contact at the local council and asked if it would be ok if i was to collect, he said it wasnt something they could licence so i should be careful...im happy with that!
theres lots of scots pines, birch,larch and a few oak, cherry and elm

so im waiting for all the leaves to drop then im going to get stuck in :)
ill upload some photos if anyone is interested??

Fonz

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Pics or it didn't happen!

I'm collecting a few trees from a forest my mother owns. So far I only collected 2 and 1 died (I put that one in potting soil, lesson learned). Got 2 more I'll be collecting at the end of next winter.

Soldano666

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5is
I enjoy collecting. Here in certain parts of the states we can collect in the fall as well as spring. I just dug a bunch of larch from the end of august into Sept. Not to many dropped needles and now were into late Oct and theyr starting to change color. Some even pushed new growth after collecting. Spring looks promising for these guys. And I got my eye on some hornbeam and scots for spring digging

pyro gaz

Seedling
Reaction score
Pics or it didn't happen!

I'm collecting a few trees from a forest my mother owns. So far I only collected 2 and 1 died (I put that one in potting soil, lesson learned). Got 2 more I'll be collecting at the end of next winter.
ok ill put some pics up when i get home :) ...why you waiting till next winter mate?

pyro gaz

Seedling
Reaction score
I enjoy collecting. Here in certain parts of the states we can collect in the fall as well as spring. I just dug a bunch of larch from the end of august into Sept. Not to many dropped needles and now were into late Oct and theyr starting to change color. Some even pushed new growth after collecting. Spring looks promising for these guys. And I got my eye on some hornbeam and scots for spring digging
NICE! sounds great dude ive collected three larch, tw have done well all season one didnt make it...not bad odds i dont think! and the autumn colour is amazing dont you think?!

Fonz

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
why you waiting till next winter mate?
I should have said, THIS winter probably :)
For most bonsai tree species the best time to dig out Bonsai trees is during the early spring, just before the tree starts growing.

Top Bottom