Yamadori First Styling

Captkingdom

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Thanks!
We went back and forth on how much deadwood to keep and decided to keep most of it. What do you think?

Sam and I met at a local club meeting and he offered to help me with it as I have styled exactly one tree prior to this and didn't want to sell it. I think he didn't want me to screw it up ;)

chicago1980

Omono
Reaction score
Thanks!
We went back and forth on how much deadwood to keep and decided to keep most of it. What do you think?

Sam and I met at a local club meeting and he offered to help me with it as I have styled exactly one tree prior to this and didn't want to sell it. I think he didn't want me to screw it up ;)
I believe the styling is done well, Sam has a solid approach. My only advice would be trying to see the love vein connecting to the soil. I can't tell from the picture.

Captkingdom

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Thanks. Selecting the front on this tree was challenging because the deadwood is probably the most interesting feature and can best be appreciated from this angle. Unfortunately that does prevent one from seeing the live with extending to the soil. The live vein and the other side of the tree are also really beautiful though. Perhaps I will post pictures of the other side next week if I can.

chicago1980

Omono
Reaction score
Yes please! I would love to see the other side! I have two trees from Sam with a third in process. Congratulations on such a nice bonsai!

chicago1980

Omono
Reaction score
Well done,Sam Miller is producing some great future Bonsai in your area.

Top Bottom