Yamadori hawthorn from the uk

Rob_phillips

Chumono
Reaction score
Hi all I dont think I have shared this tree just yet so I thought i would show you all.
It's a hawthorn collected from a hill in Oxfordshire uk by harry Harrington and his friend Sean Stolp in 2017 .
It was chopped in 2016 ready for its collection the following year.
I purchased it in 2018 from harry and I had him give it a once over and carve the chop Mark's and give the 1st years growth after collection a wiring to set the new primarys in place.
We placed it into a erin bonsai pot too.
This tree is predicted to be around 100 years old and kept so small by the deer in the area always eating the spring growth and the conditions it was grown in as the hill had a thin layer of soil before hitting rock so it naturaly stunted its growth.
It has some fantastic bark helped on by the deadwood features created by years of deers shedding there antlers on the trees.
It has two trunks the larger one kept long to preserve the deadwood features that gives this tree its charm.
20200402_150109.jpg
This was taken after I wired it in early spring I want to keep the new apex slender and sublte almost like a literati style and I want to keep the 2nd apex tight and compact too.
20200421_191547.jpg
This was taken today I'm letting the tree recuperate I have pinched the apex to stop elongation and I will cut back when its fully hardened off in a few weeks or so before rewiring the whole tree again.

Top Bottom