Yamadori hawthorn

Hartinez

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Yes I have done it, and yes it works, just not every single time. There is no need to come here and speculate.
It stimulates the same response as pruning does. Go try it, maybe you’ll get some adventitious buds.[/
Yes I have done it, and yes it works, just not every single time. There is no need to come here and speculate.
It stimulates the same response as pruning does. Go try it, maybe you’ll get some adventitious buds.
seems I may have warranted a block from BVF on this one. I hope not as I have always loved his website and his trees AND especially his contribution to this site.

Regardless, this tree is coming along very nicely! Any further work your doing this year or just more growth and rest? I’m always so surprised at the speed and pace at which Harry Harrington works his hawthorn.

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
seems I may have warranted a block from BVF on this one. I hope not as I have always loved his website and his trees AND especially his contribution to this site.
Nope, I affirmed it twice. I don’t know what else you need.
Coming right along Max. Get some movement in those branches!

ThePecha7

Seedling
Reaction score
I found some good hawthorn yamadori on the hillside last year but have not had a chance to collect yet. How’s this one doing now?

barrosinc

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
So I writes it a bit, chose some branches.
I will keep it another year worth undisturbed roots.

Thoughts? (As honest as possible)
20200411_154615.jpg

Mike Hennigan

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
So I writes it a bit, chose some branches.
I will keep it another year worth undisturbed roots.

Thoughts? (As honest as possible)
View attachment 295801
Looks like you’ve got it headed in a nice direction. The one thing I’m wondering about is what is the back to front movement like? Anyway you could take a picture from the right or left side? It just kind of looks a little “flat” to me. But these things can be hard to see from a photograph.

Top Bottom