Yamadori hawthorn

Zach Smith

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Yep! Sealed wounds.

I really like the bark on this one
Yes, beautiful bark. You should see new buds within a couple of weeks of collection, if spring has arrived. If not yet, any time after it gets warm. Good luck with it!

barrosinc

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Yes, beautiful bark. You should see new buds within a couple of weeks of collection, if spring has arrived. If not yet, any time after it gets warm. Good luck with it!
Check the post at the end of page 1. Lots of buds!!

barrosinc

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Any ideas to get buds around other parts of the trunk that have no buds at all??

Hartinez

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Scrub it hard with a toothbrush.
really? Not that I would know, or that I doubt that you would, but that seems like it would be a bit antidotal, hence your "no guarantees" statement. In all honesty, have you tried this on one of your trees? if so, and it worked, what do you suppose is happening biologically? Just curious as Ive got some trees of my own that could use some more advantageous buds.

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
really? Not that I would know, or that I doubt that you would, but that seems like it would be a bit antidotal, hence your "no guarantees" statement. In all honesty, have you tried this on one of your trees? if so, and it worked, what do you suppose is happening biologically? Just curious as Ive got some trees of my own that could use some more advantageous buds.
Yes I have done it, and yes it works, just not every single time. There is no need to come here and speculate.
It stimulates the same response as pruning does. Go try it, maybe you’ll get some adventitious buds.

Hartinez

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Yes I have done it, and yes it works, just not every single time. There is no need to come here and speculate.
It stimulates the same response as pruning does. Go try it, maybe you’ll get some adventitious buds.
I wasn’t trying to offend. It seems I may have though. Regardless. Thanks for a response. And, I will try it, because I am curious. And was also curious, in all honesty, if you know why it has worked before? Or is it just something you’ve read or heard about from someone else?

And thanks for the grammar correction. ?

Hack Yeah!

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I've found a hawthorn to collect this year as well. I'm really excited to follow your progression and wish you much luck.

Top Bottom