Yamadori prospecting trip

Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Well my vacation starts tomorrow and Monday I'm heading into the mountains for a 4 day camping trip. Hopefully I can find some material to retrieve next spring. I'm pretty excited to get out of the city and into nature. There's an old gold mine 2 miles up stream from the campground so I'll be bring my gold panning stuff too. Hopefully I'll find some gnarly looking trees to stare at for a while lol :)

Last edited:

Vin

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
From the sounds of it, I'm pretty sure where you're going a permit would be required to collect a tree. You should check with the state before collecting any tree that's not on private property. Sounds like a cool trip though.

wireme

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Well my vacation starts tomorrow and Monday I'm heading into the mountains for a 4 day camping trip. Hopefully I can find some material to retrieve next spring. I'm pretty excited to get out of the city and into nature. There's an old gold mine 2 miles up stream from the campground so I'll be bring my gold panning stuff too. Hopefully I'll find some gnarly looking trees to stare at for a while lol :)

Might want to cruise google earth before leaving, look for rocky outcrops.
Maybe even check a geology map, limestone is a bitch to collect out of, sedimentary rocks a bit better, granite or gneiss often better in terms of collectible rootballs. That's been my experience anyways.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Might want to cruise google earth before leaving, look for rocky outcrops.
Maybe even check a geology map, limestone is a bitch to collect out of, sedimentary rocks a bit better, granite or gneiss often better in terms of collectible rootballs. That's been my experience anyways.

There could be gold in any one of those rocks you listed lol.

Top Bottom