Yamadori

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Damn!

Might as well start stealing stop signs!

Sorce

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone

Even if you did not kill it outright, it will take WAY longer to develop than if you had waited. Healthy trees respond so much better that waiting a year for it to get healthy woul dhave safed you in the long run. People are NOT recommending waiting to make you sit around.

If you want to grow bonsai, learning patience is crucial.
People do not kill bonsai, impatience kills bonsai.

JoeH

Omono
Reaction score
The Florida Citrus Arboretum, Winter Haven,Florida
USDA Zone
9B
Its another Triffid tree
tumblr_oz0blabwDG1uyth69o4_400.jpg

Carpenterb30

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
20191209_161805.jpg

I like what I like and it isn't my first tree. Here is another I trimmed the same way last year now look. Oh my how nice and full. Come on guys what's good for you isn't the same for me. You guys are funny. I'm sorry how upsetting my style is for you. I hope you are all familiar with Peter Chan from Herrons Bonsai. Look him up. Quoting his way. " beauty is in the eye of the beholder and you dont have to always follow traditionalism"

JoeH

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9B
Well the other one needs a hope rock too then so it looks like it came from Home Depot. My point and most of the others was to let the thing alone and recover from being dug up a couple months ago. Not hack on it and wire it up while waiting. All that activity stresses the tree more and you probably loosened up some just recovering roots too.

bonsaichile

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
View attachment 273804

I like what I like and it isn't my first tree. Here is another I trimmed the same way last year now look. Oh my how nice and full. Come on guys what's good for you isn't the same for me. You guys are funny. I'm sorry how upsetting my style is for you. I hope you are all familiar with Peter Chan from Herrons Bonsai. Look him up. Quoting his way. " beauty is in the eye of the beholder and you dont have to always follow traditionalism"
Your first tree was cool; it has a lot of potential. This one is a mass produced stick in a pot.

More than what you did, it is when you did it. By "styling" your collected tree a few months after collection, and by removing such large amount of foliage, you showed that you don't understand the first thing about junipers.

By showing us this tree, with the little rock and all, you prove to us that you have no taste.

And by quoting Peter Chan, you further prove the above points.

JoeH

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9B
Your first tree was cool; it has a lot of potential. This one is a mass produced stick in a pot.

More than what you did, it is when you did it. By "styling" your collected tree a few months after collection, and by removing such large amount of foliage, you showed that you don't understand the first thing about junipers.

By showing us this tree, with the little rock and all, you prove to us that you have no taste.

thank you, to me it looks like a box store prefab bonsai than something produced at home too. Glued in rocks and all.

Carpenterb30

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone

No not mass produced at all actually about 4 years old grown from a cutting from another tree I have.

Orion_metalhead

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
It is true that beauty is subjective, however beauty is most often viewed as an effect of health and vitality. Its why Jennifer Aniston or Beyonce are generally regarded as "Beautiful" and why the women featured on morbidly obese tv documentaries are not.

I am curious to see your other trees and how they are styled.

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
What I just don't understand is why people post up pics of trees and then ask for thoughts.....get some good advice.....and do the complete opposite?

@Carpenterb30 if you were already planning to prune, why ask for everyone's thoughts? The advice you got was pretty legit. You was advised to hold out before doing anything, then you post pics of what you did.

It just doesn't make sense to me...….

Top Bottom