Yaupon holly styling

Nemoose

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8B
A big box store holly I picked up recently. I did some initial styling and waiting to repot next month. Florida zone 9. I am looking at the dreaded oak style lol. I have them all around me and I love them . 20181212_094610.jpg20181212_094604.jpg

JoeH

Omono
Reaction score
The Florida Citrus Arboretum, Winter Haven,Florida
USDA Zone
9B
start out by shearing down to below where you want it then let it flush out. Some wiring can be done, but it is brittle and is more clip and grow. You can come over if you want to see some examples. I've been repotting them in late February.

Nemoose

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8B
I did a little wiring on the lower branches to move them downward. I was planning on a late January or February repotting. It is about 12 inches now so I think I already have it about where i.want it. After the repot I plan on regular light pruning to promote ramification. I would love to.bring it over some time for some hands on advice

Nemoose

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8B
Check.out my post on my first juniper jin if you get time I would be interested in your ideas on that one

JoeH

Omono
Reaction score
The Florida Citrus Arboretum, Winter Haven,Florida
USDA Zone
9B
I did a little wiring on the lower branches to move them downward. I was planning on a late January or February repotting. It is about 12 inches now so I think I already have it about where i.want it. After the repot I plan on regular light pruning to promote ramification. I would love to.bring it over some time for some hands on advice
I've found that they need to be brought down below where you want them so they can be worked up to final size. I just hedge them down then start looking at branch removal. I've got a few that have been done lately and are pushing back out already.

Top Bottom