Yaupon Holly Worked by Sam Adina

AZbonsai

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Surprise visit from one of our Phoenix Bonsai Societies sensei Sam Adina at our Wednesday meeting. Club members asked to bring a tree in if they wanted Sam to give them some advice and work on their tree a bit. I believe he worked on almost 25 trees in one night. Amazing to watch and very informative. I brought in a yaupon holly and it was the last tree he worked. We all appreciated his time and expertise.
20170106_165518-2268x3024.jpg 20170119_204522-2268x3024.jpg
Before. After.

AZbonsai

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Here is Sam working on the tree. Don't blame the after picture on Sam...that is my limited bonsai abilities trying to carry out his suggestions at home. :)
IMG_0994.png

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Sam is a great guy! Very talented. I've visited his home, and his garden is overflowing with bonsai in all stages of development.

AZbonsai

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Sam is a great guy! Very talented. I've visited his home, and his garden is overflowing with bonsai in all stages of development.
He spent about 2 hours steady working on different trees. It seemed he would look at the tree and almost instantly know what he wanted to do...unlike myself...It takes me forever to make a decision!

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
He spent about 2 hours steady working on different trees. It seemed he would look at the tree and almost instantly know what he wanted to do...unlike myself...It takes me forever to make a decision!
Lol!!!

It's much easier to do that with someone else's trees than your own!!

AZbonsai

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
And the fact he worked on about 20 more trees in those two hours than I have worked on since starting bonsai :)

Top Bottom