yeah, we knew that

Nybonsai12

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
gonna be in the teens by me tonight, supposedly single digits with wind chill. Thankfully everything that is moving is in a pot and can be moved into garage. Stuff in the ground hasn't leafed out just yet. My in ground mume have opened a flower or two. I expect the rest of the buds to get ruined. pretty annoyed because there are so many buds but what can you do...

Wilson

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Yup! Here we are supposed to have a swing of 32° difference in 2 days. As you said though, we knew it would happen.

Giga

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
I KNOW! I saw this yesterday and YAY, the shuffle!

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
gonna be in the teens by me tonight, supposedly single digits with wind chill. Thankfully everything that is moving is in a pot and can be moved into garage. Stuff in the ground hasn't leafed out just yet. My in ground mume have opened a flower or two. I expect the rest of the buds to get ruined. pretty annoyed because there are so many buds but what can you do...
Small enough to toss a bucket over it? I have a farming muck bucket I toss over my peony tree that is in ground.

Nybonsai12

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Small enough to toss a bucket over it? I have a farming muck bucket I toss over my peony tree that is in ground.

Unfortunately no. Probably about 5 feet tall. Planned on chopping it down after the damn thing bloomed. :D

Waltron

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I saw the first robins of the year this morning, one of the first signs of spring here in Michigan. 16 degrees forecasted for tomorrow night. luckily most of the trees seem to have made it through the last heat wave.

GGB

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I put my trees through hell, and this weekend even has me doing the shuffle. gahh

abqjoe

Chumono
Reaction score
Yup, been doing the dance since last week:) Luckily starting tomorrow the daytime temps will be upper 60's and low 70's with nighttime temps in the upper 30's to low 40's.

GrimLore

Bonsai Nut alumnus... we miss you
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I've got trees in leaf and the forecast is for 23 F tomorrow night and low 30s during the weekend. Great...

We are coming off of low 70'sF and will drop as low as 17F in the next 24 hours. FIRST time ever I moved three plants to the shed as they are showing flower buds, leaf, or both :eek: Fortunate with the deciduous so far - they are all just starting and will be ok. If they were in leaf they would have to go to a barn at the farm as I have no room.

I put my trees through hell, and this weekend even has me doing the shuffle. gahh

I share our experience - first time for me to shuffle anything, crazy ass weather for certain!

Grimmy

Top Bottom